tired (1 Viewer)

shell.q

HSC
am i the only one? i am so tired and burnt out
from school, work, swimming babysitting gym and church
and is our school the only one that have ever just so tied down and overwhelmed with assessment tasks?

yeah jw
x

shantu1992

HSC
回复: tired

shell.q said:
and is our school the only one that have ever just so tied down and overwhelmed with assessment tasks?

yeah jw
x
quit worrk braaaaaaaaaaaaah

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I sleep too much nowadays. I arrive from tutoring or the library, and I fall dead asleep :(. Is this a sign of burning out? Or just sleepiness :).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I would say burning out. If you sleep that much then you can't possibly still be sleepy could you?

@ shell.q : Prioritise! I was dreading dropping my extra curriculars because i loved them so much, but life got so much easier when i did. I'll probably pick them up again when the HSC is over though :D

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
The weird thing is, I don't think I've been studying much at all lately :(.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
shell.q said:
Man, I'm tired and I'm not even going through the work, gym and church that you are. I do NOT feel like picking up a single textbook these holidays, nor writing a single essay, nor solving a single maths problem. In any case, I'll be starting sometime in the next few weeks.

0hNivlek

HSC
Just 2 more weeks till holidays. I'm so tired i'm gonna explode soon :bomb:!

CJ23

HSC
N/A
I completely feel the same way, im tired and sick of school and i know im goin to do bad in this lot of assessments. ill just hold tight for the holidays and hopefully start fresh

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
im tired as hell! havnt slept more than 3 hrs per day for the last week, and this trend is gonna continue until thursday night next week
e.g. last night i slept ~45 mins, been studying, got eco (x2), maths (x2) and english exams coming up all next week. im gonna sleep from friday 4pm to monday 8am next week to make up for the lost sleep.

wateva908*

HSC
i'm tired as well and it's really bad .
i'm burnt out
i was actually more motivated for yr 11 rather than yr 12.
i think i jus need a few weeks of holidays!!

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
I'm tired from all the traveling (takes me about 1 hour to get to school). I usually get really tired after getting to school and don't have the energy to listen in class :/

HSC
Yeah I felt the same way too at the start of year 12. At the start of year 12, I was like really tired and sleepy at the end of each day. Got used to it though after a few weeks.

I think it's just because you're not used to the hectic work load yet. After sometime though you'll eventually get used to it.

Just make sure you plan ahead and make sure you have time for both study and leisure activities.

Good Luck guys.

:)

-tal-

HSC
Eh good to know I'm not the only one. Between my 6 day school week, tutoring and all, I don't have much time to do anything else other than school work and piano.

I have a feeling it's the fact that year 12 started only after a 2 week break, stupid first assessments

Aplus

HSC
N/A
-tal- said:
Eh good to know I'm not the only one. Between my 6 day school week, tutoring and all, I don't have much time to do anything else other than school work and piano.

I have a feeling it's the fact that year 12 started only after a 2 week break, stupid first assessments
Piano is pretty fun and relaxed for anyway as I've completely abandoned lessons/exams.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
I sleep too much nowadays. I arrive from tutoring or the library, and I fall dead asleep :(. Is this a sign of burning out? Or just sleepiness :).
Doing this will actually make yourself MORE tired... If you sleep more than 8 or 9 hours a day you actually tend to get more tired.

To stop yourself being tired, mentally and physically, here's a few tips.

Stay fit and eat well. If you're spending only 1 hr a day excercising you're going to have way more energy, particularly if you combine it with eating right. If you need to snack while you're doing school work... eat things like Peanut Butter with Celery. And that's about as unhealthy as you want to go. Take the time to make yourself a Vegemite or maybe Salad Sandwhich. The Vitamin B will actually help. Salad is just good for you. Eat low GI foods. Most importantly is a good breakfast. Things like Eggs, Weetbix or other wheat based cereals with fruit are actually really good because the way they burn energy tends to make you hungry during the day, whereas sugary cereals tend to make you feel full for a lot longer, yet have less energy.

Pull ALL TV watching during the week. If there's a show you really want to watch, tape it for the weekend. TV actually makes you tired, it is not relaxing. Your brain has to work hard to process all that's going on. The images, sound, music, content etc etc. Read a book, listen to some music, go for a walk instead...

To keep your mind sharp... do things like get a real deck of cards and play something like Solitaire or one of its many variations. The problem solving helps.

If you're on a computer, take a 15 minute break for every 45 minutes you're on there. And you also need to tell yourself to constantly blink... because you tend not to blink as often when you're concentrating hard, and this will give you dry, crusty eyes, and tends to make you feel a little sleepy.

Study when you get home... straight away (like after a drink, change and food). Don't put it off and do it at night. Your mind is sharper and you'll get it done faster if you do it then. Giving you more time to relax at the end of the evening. Also if you do it that way, you can build up "Study Stamina"... one of the girls in our year who got a UAI of 99.45 doing Modern History, Ext 2 English, Ext 1 Maths and French via Correspondence did it like this. She started the HSC by finishing all Homework and Study at like 6:00... then after about 5 weeks she would move it to 6:30 etc etc... increasing it in 30 minute or so intervals... until she would study till 9:00 or so then finish. Meaning that by the end of school, between her free periods at school and home study time she was doing probably 7 or 8 hours of Study a day on top of the classes during the day. And because she built up the tolerance, and said "I'll stop at this time no matter what", she actually tended to have enough energy to do Church things and spend time with her rather sick father, and spend time with friends when she needed to.

Now some of these might not work for you, but all of these worked for people I know really well... and most of them did really well too, and always had enough energy... so yea.

johony

HSC
i still have a lot of work to do, but my mind is in holiday mode atm. i've been so burnt out from the past 2 months that i just dont care anymore now exams are over.

4theHSC

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
yea same here... :sleep:

HSC
Teclis said:
Study when you get home... straight away (like after a drink, change and food). Don't put it off and do it at night. Your mind is sharper and you'll get it done faster if you do it then. Giving you more time to relax at the end of the evening. Also if you do it that way, you can build up "Study Stamina"... one of the girls in our year who got a UAI of 99.45 doing Modern History, Ext 2 English, Ext 1 Maths and French via Correspondence did it like this. She started the HSC by finishing all Homework and Study at like 6:00... then after about 5 weeks she would move it to 6:30 etc etc... increasing it in 30 minute or so intervals... until she would study till 9:00 or so then finish. Meaning that by the end of school, between her free periods at school and home study time she was doing probably 7 or 8 hours of Study a day on top of the classes during the day. And because she built up the tolerance, and said "I'll stop at this time no matter what", she actually tended to have enough energy to do Church things and spend time with her rather sick father, and spend time with friends when she needed to.
I agree with this, kinda wish I'd done it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)