Titles (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I'm loving quirky titles that still reflect an underlying theme at the moment, like "It's not as simple as baking cookies, sweetheart" (yes, actual title). Normally they pop up in my head at some time in the creative writing process - rarely forced. Ces't bonne!

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
The Card Cheat said:
That's Entertainment.

I thought of my title before I thought of the actual storyline, luckily my story .
Same here, you *know* when the title is right. But if in doubt don't worry, better to leave it untitled than to have a real nasty one.

renton

HSC
i've got a nice title

"Fear and Loathing in Extension 2 English - A Savage Journey to the Heart of HSC Creative Writing"

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Emph said:
Dearest I feel another terrible voice
That's mad cool.
For every fifth word I get: ( I changed him to his)

Todd twisted his world height

I like it.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Wow...

Every fifth word starting strictly from the beginning gets me:

A Text: To Non-Performance

Prophetic perhaps? I hope not...

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Devin Townsend is the coolest person ever. Go and listen to Ocean Machine if you like metal in any form. Actually, track down Night even if you don't like metal.

Last edited:

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Esqarial said:
Dreaming in an Empty Room. It works for the story...
It may work for the story, but do you like it?

I do like the feeling it leaves in my mind, the mental after taste. Kinda like when you're somewhere completly silent, and there's a loud noise, but straight after it happens you're not sure if the dound actually happened or not. I don't know why it makes me think of that...

Written in small text, with a cool font in the middle of a white page it would look pretty cool.

But then again I have no idea what your story is about, so it may be completely inappropriate.

:)

fruitarian

HSC
Haha...my problem is that I need to kinda have written my story before I know what to title it...

damn...

HSC
N/A
fruitarian said:
Haha...my problem is that I need to kinda have written my story before I know what to title it...

damn...
mmhmm. Get writing, girl!

nwatts

HSC
Asheroth said:
EDIT: I'm pretty sure Devin Townsend is the coolest person ever. Go and listen to Ocean Machine if you like metal in any form. Actually, track down Night even if you don't like metal.
Bastard + The Death of Music = Best Ever

HSC
N/A
pungemo said:
Didn't you need to have a working title in your proposal, or was that not the norm?
I think it's a school thing.

My teacher certainly wanted me to have a draft though. And logically, I understand why - it's just as important to have a working draft as it is to have a working title. Even if you know it's not going to be the final one, it's something there. It exists. It's tangible. And as so many people say over and over again, it's far easier to edit than it is to create something.

nwatts - where the hell did you get that avatar photo of stas from?!?!?!

KrissiA

HSC
I'm not sure what order the parts of my story will go in, so I came up with these for the 'every 5th word' thing...

Somewhere Like Purgatory.
The Suspiciously Dashed Of Once.
Mainstream Head Was For State And Reflection.

pungemo

HSC
I have to say the first one sounds by far the coolest and most sensible. But, then again, I have no idea what your story is about. A bit of editing may be in order for the latter two.

fruitarian

HSC
At the moment mine's called:

"Clockwise"...

It doesn't seem very exciting compared to all of yours tho lol. I might change it.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
So far, mine's collectively called 'triptych', though each piece is 'The Soldier', 'The Painter', and 'The Girl', so I think I deserve the Most Uninteresting Title Award. ^__^;

Man would the tramping were of curled kanji - ....eh, that's slightly strange, though it has a certain ring to it.

Sadness. Did not the bright blood stab flick then work surface colour? - ...even stranger.

There sat the corner exactly but one I either would sing about trees - ...yeah. Too strange.

HSC
Mine is very much untitled although I was thinking of 'Like a Ghost Cries'

hmm...
I nothing winter windows houses No. lol.
My bloody tears brother nothing
And Shadow but help he.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)