To all HSC students stressing (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
To everyone stressing over the HSC,

I thought during this time period, it would be nice for someone like me, an ex-student, just to give you a few pointers and heads up before your exams start on Monday.

The important thing is to NOT stress. If you're not, you're well set for the next few weeks. If you are, take a deep breath and understand that whilst your exams will be gruelling and draining, it is not the end all to everything in life.

Don't freak out too much over exams, both beforehand and afterwards. Study as much as you can but don't go overboard and make sure you get plenty of food and rest before your exams every time; maintaining your health over this period is equally important and you don't want to walk into English paper 2 dead from paper 1 study. After your exam, if you feel like you did well, that's great! Don't become overconfident though however a positive outlook during this period is important to have. If you feel like didn't do too well as you would've hoped, don't moan about it. It's over and there's nothing you can achieve by complaining about what could've been. Forget about it completely and focus on your next exam. That ideally is what you should be doing. There's just no time to put yourself down for the rest of the HSC if you feel like you couldn't answer one question.

And before you know it, it'll be over. You realise time really does fly during now so it's important you stay on top of your studies, but make sure you don't burn yourself out either. There's nothing wrong with watching an episode of your favourite TV show in between, it's important to unwind as to not pressure yourself excessively during study.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your HSC exams.

Aysce

HSC
Okay, I want to clarify...if I'm not stressed because I don't care, is that a bad thing?
It's dependent on what you're aiming for I suppose. If you know you can get the required ATAR with not that much effort, hence not really caring, I guess it isn't really.

And thanks Sly, that's comforting to know =)

enoilgam

HSC
Some great advice given by slyhunter - everyone should keep these pointers in mind over these next few weeks. One thing I would like to emphasise is about maintaining your health, especially from an emotional standpoint. These exams can be very draining for some especially from an emotional point of view. Having a balance during this time is so important in holistically maintaining your health - so dont completely cut yourself off from others. If you are feeling really down, it's good to have someone to talk to (family, friends etc). If you feel like you have no one else to talk to, you can try the kids helpline (1800 55 1800).

I know this may seem over the top, but quite a few people do suffer in silence - due to personal expectations or the expectations of others. So if you are in this position, do seek help because no ATAR is worth sacrificing your health over.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
To everyone stressing over the HSC,

I thought during this time period, it would be nice for someone like me, an ex-student, just to give you a few pointers and heads up before your exams start on Monday.

The important thing is to NOT stress. If you're not, you're well set for the next few weeks. If you are, take a deep breath and understand that whilst your exams will be gruelling and draining, it is not the end all to everything in life.

Don't freak out too much over exams, both beforehand and afterwards. Study as much as you can but don't go overboard and make sure you get plenty of food and rest before your exams every time; maintaining your health over this period is equally important and you don't want to walk into English paper 2 dead from paper 1 study. After your exam, if you feel like you did well, that's great! Don't become overconfident though however a positive outlook during this period is important to have. If you feel like didn't do too well as you would've hoped, don't moan about it. It's over and there's nothing you can achieve by complaining about what could've been. Forget about it completely and focus on your next exam. That ideally is what you should be doing. There's just no time to put yourself down for the rest of the HSC if you feel like you couldn't answer one question.

And before you know it, it'll be over. You realise time really does fly during now so it's important you stay on top of your studies, but make sure you don't burn yourself out either. There's nothing wrong with watching an episode of your favourite TV show in between, it's important to unwind as to not pressure yourself excessively during study.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your HSC exams.
ahah that's what I did :) nice advice.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Excellent points above.

I also want to make the point that there are a million and one ways into university. The HSC isn't the be all and end all. Give it your absolute best, but also keep in mind that it's most certainly not all it's hyped up to be.

Good luck all.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck everyone! Must be a very surreal time for you all. The feeling when it's over is once in a lifetime.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
inb4 4months later, 10 semesters of repeating what happens in the HSC all over again.... :/
14 semesters for me =(. Add another billion exams onto that due to post-mbbs training.

Oh, and I'm thinking of doing a law degree after registrar training.

#uniforlyf

2xL

HSC
+1 for this post; very useful information. Thanks. :)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Remember guys, don't stress! Because if you stress, you will FAIL! And die. Don't stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)