To all HSC students stressing (1 Viewer)

liangson

HSC
well, the best way is CANCEL the COUNT DOWN, i was not that stressing before i came here, however, i dont think i can sleep tonight because i saw that GODDAMN COUNT DOWN, Jesus, LET ME BE

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Good luck to everyone. I echo sly's sentiments in that the HSC isn't the be all and end all. If you do dedicate yourself in university, there are opportunities to transfer into courses (much like joining selective schools in Years 8-11).

enoilgam

HSC
i would cut off my balls to get 99
The glory of a good ATAR lasts about a week - cutting your nuts off lasts forever.

Just seriously starting to revise for my HSC now. Not even stressed. Yet.
Everyone has different priorities - most people who frequent this site are going for super high ATARs. Some people just want a HSC and there is nothing wrong with that.

mickk794

HSC
Everyone has different priorities - most people who frequent this site are going for super high ATARs. Some people just want a HSC and there is nothing wrong with that.
Yeah i know. The thing with me is that i am not too worried and already fairly confident with english paper 1. + i am aiming to achieve an atar of at least 80.
Also, i found that researching university courses helped reduce my stresses as i found out alternate pathways into the courses i want to be able to enter.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Please get a good amount of sleep (7 hours min). The benefit of studying longer into the night is effectively cancelled by the cost of your sleep deprived state during the exam itself.

summerxo

HSC
To everyone stressing over the HSC,

I thought during this time period, it would be nice for someone like me, an ex-student, just to give you a few pointers and heads up before your exams start on Monday.

The important thing is to NOT stress. If you're not, you're well set for the next few weeks. If you are, take a deep breath and understand that whilst your exams will be gruelling and draining, it is not the end all to everything in life.

Don't freak out too much over exams, both beforehand and afterwards. Study as much as you can but don't go overboard and make sure you get plenty of food and rest before your exams every time; maintaining your health over this period is equally important and you don't want to walk into English paper 2 dead from paper 1 study. After your exam, if you feel like you did well, that's great! Don't become overconfident though however a positive outlook during this period is important to have. If you feel like didn't do too well as you would've hoped, don't moan about it. It's over and there's nothing you can achieve by complaining about what could've been. Forget about it completely and focus on your next exam. That ideally is what you should be doing. There's just no time to put yourself down for the rest of the HSC if you feel like you couldn't answer one question.

And before you know it, it'll be over. You realise time really does fly during now so it's important you stay on top of your studies, but make sure you don't burn yourself out either. There's nothing wrong with watching an episode of your favourite TV show in between, it's important to unwind as to not pressure yourself excessively during study.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your HSC exams.
That makes me feel so much better! Thank you so much!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)