To all the engineers out there...plz help (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
elfm said:
usyd generally has a higher uai cutoff than unsw for everything tho, so you may in the end be limited by ur uai anyway.
This is probably they have less places for the degree in general.

Deciding on which uni? First pick the engineering degree you want to do, then ask the senior students on how they cope with the degree in each uni. In that, calculate the social time you have. You know, you can CHANGE uni even after 2 years of university study so for entrance, let social aspect be your deciding factor.

My 1c.

gman03

HSC
simplistic said:
well im really interested in doing biomedical engineering umm so where does that put me ?
Ask where your classmate who are thinking of doing biomedical engineering are going, then follow them.

Both first years of uni are common between university. The real deal begins in later years.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
thats the prob most of my classmates have it in there heads to do either pharmacy or medicine so im like stuck with no idea .. but ive been lookin thru the the booklets various unis send out and i really think syd uni is good .. but then UNSW just seems to have the best of everything and is reputable globally

gman03

HSC
simplistic said:
thats the prob most of my classmates have it in there heads to do either pharmacy or medicine so im like stuck with no idea .. but ive been lookin thru the the booklets various unis send out and i really think syd uni is good .. but then UNSW just seems to have the best of everything and is reputable globally
ah.. probs with too many friends ;)

in that case, choose usyd for now.. attend the open days of both uni. think of what you want out of the uni and ask them on open days.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
it's probably a bit early for all the unis to have release information on that yet....i think last year the info days were on a saturday towards the end of august

ask your careers advisor or keep your eyes on the relevant uni's websites for more info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)