To all those complaining about Section B (1 Viewer)

HSC
To all those people out there complaining about 3 poems/speeches in section 3. I'm sincerely sorry you're preplanned (probably tutor written) essay didn't fit the question... hahahaha.

Seriously, I'm glad the Board of Studies finally grew the hair on their balls to set a question that might actually challenge the students.

We're supposed to know 6 poems. So you thought you'd take the risk and base all your preparation on knowing 1/3 of the course? Well, whatever..

Anyone else actually like this exam?

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
lol, i sense danger ahead :p

yeah this exam was pretty good, very fair (but i wanted to write in different text types)

chensta

HSC
N/A
loooved it, greatest test ever, did this section last and by that time there was only 20 minutes of english left EVER......15 minutes.......10 minutes.......5 minutes.......1minute....10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,1!!!!!!!!! FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE'RE FREE AT LAST. Now i really better start studying for my HSC (we asians do not consider English a valid course) :)

HSC
MajinR said:
lol, i sense danger ahead :p

yeah this exam was pretty good, very fair (but i wanted to write in different text types)
Well, you were afforded the oppurtunity to write a conversation or discourse in Section B - I can't imagine many people would have done that though.. A different text type might have been interesting, yeah.

HSC
chensta said:
. Now i really better start studying for my HSC (we asians do not consider English a valid course) :)
What the fuck? That's one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard.

Such blatant disrespect for this country and education system. There is a reason the English syllabus is compulsory, you know?

I wouldn't go through an Asian schooling system and completely refuse to accept their language as worthy of studying! What a fucking joke.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Perfect Element said:

Such blatant disrespect for this country and education system. There is a reason the English syllabus is compulsory, you know?

I wouldn't go through an Asian schooling system and completely refuse to accept their language as worthy of studying! What a fucking joke.
Forallthelovethatisholy, get over it, seriously. :rolleyes:

Theodopolis

HSC
Perfect Element said:

Hear! Hear!

It's exactly your kind of person who are responsible for the deaths of:

• Mufasa
  • JFK
  • Julius Caesar
  • Communism
  • Gandhi
and
  • Bambi's Mum

HSC
Theodopolis said:
Hear! Hear!

• Mufasa
  • JFK
  • Julius Caesar
  • Communism
  • Gandhi
and
  • Bambi's Mum
Why do we always assasinate the good guys and let the evil demons run amok?

John F Kennedy - Killed.
Julius Ceasar - Killed.
Mufasa - Killed.
Jesus Christ - Killed.
Reagan - Wounded....

God damnit, you ruined Christmas.

chensta

HSC
N/A
Perfect Element said:
yea, what reasons man? its a fukin conspiracy i tell yea, the fact that they made it compulsory is bullshit.

what is the bloody point in the course? we learnt howto memorise essays < thats the bottom line. sum of us memorised better essays than others, and sum memorises more than one essays, while others memorised their student id, heck they should create 2U Memorisation Studies.

again....english course is bullshit

Frenglish_Angel

Theodopolis said:
Hear! Hear!

• Mufasa
  • JFK
  • Julius Caesar
  • Communism
  • Gandhi
and
  • Bambi's Mum
Ur amusing, I like ur humour. Ur name sounds Greek...that's kinda cool too.

Theodopolis

HSC
Well think about it... They've taught chickens to count... taught horses to clop the times table.... but has anyone taught a chimpanzee to write a sentence?

It is the concept of literature that separates us from the animals.

Memorisation is a ridiculous gamble to take... look at all these people who prepared perfect essays on two Yeats or Harwood poems: That's why there wouldn't be a 2U memorisation course... It's a cop-out, and when it comes to the crunch... those who prepare essays get fucked over and come to this forum to complain.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment... I am not Greek however... just an admirer of Classical philosophers.

Last edited:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I was pretty shocked with 3 poems too, but then I thought, 'meh, I know all the poems really well' and I did a fairly sound response. Seriously, its not that big of a deal.

Frenglish_Angel

Theodopolis said:
Well think about it... They've taught chickens to count... taught horses to clop the times table.... but has anyone taught a chimpanzee to write a sentence?

It is the concept of literature that separates us from the animals.

Memorisation is a ridiculous gamble to take... look at all these people who prepared perfect essays on two Yeats or Harwood poems: That's why there wouldn't be a 2U memorisation course... It's a cop-out, and when it comes to the crunch... those who prepare essays get fucked over and come to this forum to complain.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment... I am not Greek however... just an admirer of a Classical philosophers.
Uhhuh, cool...well, I am not Greek either. I am half French, half English, very strange yet wonderful combination, lol...Frenglish I like to call it.

Yes, I prepared a beautiful essay for Gwen Harwood, but seriously I wasn't f**kd over, because I can reword my essays according to the question. I am also a great bullsh*tter. Hehe.

Argh, my computer keeps freezing, and I am trying to find things for Religion 1U tomorrow! God seriously doesn't like me. I knew he would get payback for all those religion lessons I didn't pay attention in, grrr.....Theology, theology, where art thou notes for Theology, lol...

God, I wish the whole Religion test was on the Intra Study projects for Yr 11 and 12...I kicked arse in them, lol.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
While i don't do poems for this section, and it is good that preprepared responses weren't able to be used, i do understand how you could not know 3 poems in depth enough to be able to talk about the third one really in depth...You can still know the overall and not know some of a third... but then 3 isn't that hard, i knew 3 for AoS, 2 possibly isnt enough anyway (however i dont know the text).

Frenglish_Angel

Schroedinger said:
Don't fall for Theodopolis - he's forty years old!
WTF?! OMG, that's just weird...what's the world coming to? U say two words to a guy, and apparently ur "falling for him"...puh-lease, I have a bf, and he IS actually Greek, haha...

But, Schroedinger, watever floats ur boat, lol...I can't be bothered to care today. Just happy English is over...6 more tests to go though. Gawd...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)