To all those complaining about Section B (1 Viewer)

b0b444

HSC
firstly, i did Lear, so don't come whining to me, but for my Hughes poetry in TTT i only prepared 2 poems, for AOS ad mat i only prepared 2, for my lear essay i prepared 2 scenes... in past HSCs there has been no precedent set for ask 3 of anything, any time they have been specific it has been by either naming a poem or by saying to do 2 poems. i don't think anyone would have really predicted them asking for 3

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
yeah the BOS is like that...they lure u in to a false sense of security and eaines and then WWWWWHAM!!!! they turn u over and fuk u up the arse with a pole and nails sticking out...

naybaby

HSC
Perfect Element said:
To all those people out there complaining about 3 poems/speeches in section 3. I'm sincerely sorry you're preplanned (probably tutor written) essay didn't fit the question... hahahaha.

Seriously, I'm glad the Board of Studies finally grew the hair on their balls to set a question that might actually challenge the students.

We're supposed to know 6 poems. So you thought you'd take the risk and base all your preparation on knowing 1/3 of the course? Well, whatever..

Anyone else actually like this exam?
Your comments are horrible and I can tell you are one of those "I love myself" people. I happen to be quite an intelligent person who doesn't preplan tutor written essays and I was thrown by the requirement for 3 essays, as I have NEVER been required to discuss more than two in class, in my half yealys or in my trial! I was also told that we only need to study two. So FUCK you, remove the pole out of your arse and I think you should stop being so insensitive. It's people like you that get what they deserve. What goes around, comes around.

Theodopolis

HSC
naybaby said:
Your comments are horrible and I can tell you are one of those "I love myself" people. I happen to be quite an intelligent person who doesn't preplan tutor written essays and I was thrown by the requirement for 3 essays, as I have NEVER been required to discuss more than two in class, in my half yealys or in my trial! I was also told that we only need to study two. So FUCK you, remove the pole out of your arse and I think you should stop being so insensitive. It's people like you that get what they deserve. What goes around, comes around.

He's not one of those 'I love myself' people. There is a small community of us on this board who adequately prepared for this exam, and were taught ALL SIX poems.

I don't know what yours said, but my trial said "At least two poems", which, to me, says 'Do three poems'.

If you want sensitivity, I suggest you try calling the HSC advice-lines and have a nice long cry into the phone... (But if someone called Antony answers, hang up straight away.)

Well... if what goes around, comes around ... and I'd say indadequate preparation for the exam came around and bit you squarely on the behind.

HSC
naybaby said:
I don't really have a whole lot to add to what Theodopolis said.

Other than... get the fuck out of my thread, and try not to suck any dick on the way :)

p.s. I hate me more than I love you :heart:

Mellonie

HSC
its so ridiculous ppl r gonna complain... just cuz they lack intellect and didnt study the required course.

I DID ALL 6 poems, just incase they be specific... so y the hell do u think u have the right to appeal? cuz u didnt do the work?... can i cant benefit cuz i put in...
You think u can just fukn appeal just cuz ur lazy no u cant, the people who took in the point its a critical study realised u gotta know more then two

so i'm glad u guyz got fukd over.. cuz ur own fukn fault .. no need to appeal.. blame urself for not doing the work

who ever did the work got paid up, n if u didnt so fuck ur self

Last edited:

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
Mellonie said:
its so ridiculous ppl r gonna complain... just cuz they lack intellect and didnt study the required course.

I DID ALL 6 poems, just incase they be specific... so y the hell do u think u have the right to appeal? cuz u didnt do the work?... can i cant benefit cuz i put in...
You think u can just fukn appeal just cuz ur lazy no u cant, the people who took in the point its a critical study realised u gotta know more then two

so i'm glad u guyz got fukd over.. cuz ur own fukn fault .. no need to appeal.. blame urself for not doing the work

exactly true..i studied 4 in depth..just in case as well..because my teacher..said that two were necessary.."unlikely" to ask for more..and very inlikely to specify...i learn 4 off by heart just in case..i dont have a tutor and i did well in the exam..
and as the above righteous person said..its your own fault..think u can get away with only knowing 1/3rd of the course...unable to write ur perfect prepared essay..
i pff u!

Theodopolis

HSC
Mellonie said:

Indefinitely agreed.

Last edited:

Theodopolis

HSC
naybaby said:
You silly fucker. Your comments are equally as horrible, because I find myself amputating any sense of rationality at your bogus theories. I am sure you are very intelligent, but you're making it seem as if your shit does not stink by omitting any responsibility for not studying FUCKING PROPERLY.

YOU FOOL: FUCK YOU TOO. WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES ON YOUR FACE.

If you also screwed yourself in Representations of Texts, you are the fucker. Fuck.

HSC
Perfect Element said:
Why do we always assasinate the good guys and let the evil demons run amok?

John F Kennedy - Killed.
Julius Ceasar - Killed.
Mufasa - Killed.
Jesus Christ - Killed.
Reagan - Wounded....

God damnit, you ruined Christmas.
Anyone who is female and studies JFK in extension history will disagree with him being a 'good guy'... cheating, lying, womaniser... ohh and he had STD's... im not saying he deserved to be shot. but he was a chauvinistic pig. did a good job with cuban missile crisis i must admit.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
hahha our skool made us do speeches essay using 3 speeches for practice

Theodopolis

HSC
krazy_katie777 said:
Anyone who is female and studies JFK in extension history will disagree with him being a 'good guy'... cheating, lying, womaniser... ohh and he had STD's... im not saying he deserved to be shot. but he was a chauvinistic pig. did a good job with cuban missile crisis i must admit.
Who gives a shit about the personal lives of presidents... I don't care if he had gonorrhoea... and I think even most of the female US Senators are womanisers: They're got a tradtion to uphold...

The bottom line is that JFK was Catholic... therefore... Greatest US President in History...

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Wow, you've been 'edufyed', if it takes SCHOOL to teach you these things then you have severe mental issues.

JFK was a fucking hero. Don't you dare sully his name. Oh yeah, lets attack his character with 'oh and he had STD's, relevant much?
wow...you're very funny...

im thinking you just need the attention? :p:D:):p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I think it's fine that they required three speeches/poems for Module B.

However, I also think it was within the parameters of the question to ask for three scenes from King Lear or Wuthering Heights or In the Skin of a Lion etc. That, imo, would have made the question fairer.

As a student who studied Speeches, I learnt all 12 (around 7 or 8 thoroughly) and one of the main reasons for doing so was because in 2002 a speech was prescribed making it impossible to entirely prepare a response...they could have asked for any speech, in which case I'd be stuffed if they prescribed one I didn't study. So the fact that they have prescribed a speech in past is incentive enough for many students to have an understanding of all the speeches. Not to mention that in learning 12 speeches you have to know about 12 different historical/political/social contexts, 12 different composers and 120 quotes (if you want 10 per speech) - essentially 12 different texts.

So I don't think students doing Speeches have any advantage over those doing King Lear and thus, I can't see how requesting three speeches "evened the playing field" at all.

Having studied A+C for Module C, I had an understanding of the entire text however I was prepared to discuss 2 or 3 scenes in detail. So students doing King Lear, though being required to understand the text as a whole, need only have a detailed knowledge of several scenes that they may use in the exam. Put that up against 12 speeches and it doesn't seem like so much does it?

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
that's exactly how I feel Rench...but they even it out in the end don't they? As in a certain percentage doing speeches are meant to get a certain mark, a certain percentage of KL people get that same mark etc....??

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
krazy_katie777 said:

They are STI's, not STD's.

I have an STI and I am better than you.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Vampire said:
that's exactly how I feel Rench...but they even it out in the end don't they? As in a certain percentage doing speeches are meant to get a certain mark, a certain percentage of KL people get that same mark etc....??
If there are noticeable discrepancies in the marks between electives and it is quite obvious that students doing Speeches/Poems have generally scored lower marks than others, then statistical adjustments are made to "even it out". The fact that the questions weren't "generic", as such, is a valid reason for making those adjustments.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
If there are noticeable discrepancies in the marks between electives and it is quite obvious that students doing Speeches/Poems have generally scored lower marks than others, then statistical adjustments are made to "even it out". The fact that the questions weren't "generic", as such, is a valid reason for making those adjustments.

Problem with this theory being that the majority of students doing poems and speeches didn't skimp on their studies thus didn't stuff up.

You'll find it's only the idiots who are being vocal, the intelligent ones can sit back in their chairs and laugh, there is no need for outrage for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)