To double major or not? (1 Viewer)

nykeo

HSC
Hi! i just got accepted into a Bachelor of Commerce in Macquarie University. I am completely sure to major in Economics but im having thoughts of having a double major with International Business. Would anyone recommend that? Or is finance a better double major? or better yet just take electives? thanks in advance!:uhhuh:

HSC
if you do 1 major, then you would have to all of its electives to satisfy the credit points, and the problem with this is that you may not want to do all of the electives in that major. So the benefits of doing 2 is that you can choose electives from both.

I'm pretty certain that there is no extra workload etc by doing 2 because in the end, you're doing the same amount of electives as oppose to do doing 1 degree.

Lou283

HSC
It really depends I am doing Marketing and was originally doing Economics as a second major. Instead I saw some media units I wanted to do so dropped a second major. If you can't see say 6 units outside the ones you have to do - then it may be worth taking on another major. The major ofcourse depends on what you want to do. Finance and Int Business will both compliment economics really well. Maybe just see how first year goes and then wait till the end of first year to decide. It wont make any difference to your first year anyway.

nykeo

HSC
Thanks for the advices, i really appreciate it. Workload is not really my problem, its just the choices of units i could take. I think id just have to wait and see how my first yr goes and then i could have a better picture. Thanks again :)

Monstar

HSC
International Business sounds like a bullshit major.

my 2cents.

nykeo

HSC
International Business sounds like a bullshit major.

my 2cents.
I do think u are partly right. The units are too general and i did some research that its not really that great. But what makes it a really bull major?? Haha.

Monstar

HSC
cause it seems like one of those majors that put 2 cool sounding words together.. 'international business'.. all fucking business is international with globalisation and what not.

sean1990

HSC
cause it seems like one of those majors that put 2 cool sounding words together.. 'international business'.. all fucking business is international with globalisation and what not.
They are the truest words every spoken.

Its funny how they teach business on a 'medium to large' scale, which basically implies it is an international business, like McDonalds rather than Joes Fish and Chips down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)