To the people who are saying cancel the HSC Exams. (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
bruh.

you know there are actually kids that have grinded for the HSC exams and expect to pop off externals to get into med/law/etc.. What if estimating their marks render them incapable of getting into these courses despite grinding to pop off in the external exams?

To the vast majority claimed by Sydney Morning Herald to not want HSC exams, I reckon if given a choice, many would choose not to take externals in normal circumstances.

But to the minority that depend on .5 to determine their course entry, especially the ones that are under as predicted by internals, NEED externals.

For the majority, it's a matter of preference. For the minority, it's MANDATORY.

You could theoretically give students a +- range for entering universities. But good luck dealing with an extra 1000 applicants with the stats for a required course.

tldr
I don't think they can cancel HSC.
If they do,
massive bruh moment.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
bruh.

you know there are actually kids that have grinded for the HSC exams and expect to pop off externals to get into med/law. What if estimating their marks render them incapable of getting into these courses despite grinding to pop off in the external exams?

To the vast majority claimed by Sydney Morning Herald to not want HSC exams, I reckon if given a choice, many would choose not to take externals in normal circumstances.

But to the minority that depend on .5 to determine their course entry, especially the ones that are under as predicted by internals, NEED externals.

For the majority, it's a matter of preference. For the minority, it's MANDATORY.

You could theoretically give students a +- range for entering universities. But good luck dealing with an extra 1000 applicants with the stats for med and law.

tldr
If they do,
massive bruh moment.
btw, notice the discursive writing?
rhetorical questions, juxtaposition. parallelism
lol

notme123

HSC
Then others would argue the feasibility given the current circumstances but personally, I would be unphased if they were held normally. Idec if they were outdoors I just want a normal exam at this point.

specificagent1

HSC
bruh.

you know there are actually kids that have grinded for the HSC exams and expect to pop off externals to get into med/law. What if estimating their marks render them incapable of getting into these courses despite grinding to pop off in the external exams?

You could theoretically give students a +- range for entering universities. But good luck dealing with an extra 1000 applicants with the stats for med and law.

tldr
If they do,
massive bruh moment.
Does this not just suggest that schools are incapable of marking the students accurately? Also, there's no good way out of this whatever you do people are impacted negatively

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
There has to be some sort of external exam, it is mandated under the legislation... so cancelling totally is out of the question. Cancelling much of it makes moderating the school assessment results very difficult, unless the results from previous years are used. There are no good options here except a miraculous ending of the pandemic.

notme123

HSC
Does this not just suggest that schools are incapable of marking the students accurately? Also, there's no good way out of this whatever you do people are impacted negatively
Yes, there are a lot of schools like that. Especially schools with really small cohorts and havent had a lot of proper exams like it shouldnt be, in line with the crap nesa enforces where there can only be one exam. Imagine 3 people in one class for idk physics, the first person will get a presumed top mark in their subject but theoretically in the hsc they would get a mid band 5.

specificagent1

HSC
There has to be some sort of external exam, it is mandated under the legislation... so cancelling totally is out of the question. Cancelling much of it makes moderating the school assessment results very difficult, unless the results from previous years are used. There are no good options here except a miraculous ending of the pandemic.
Legislation can change like the hundred thousand changes the govt has done so far to introduce lockdowns and various other requirements like qr codes and etc. No one will dare oppose a legislative change that puts the health and safety of people first or they will risk heavy criticism and lost of votes.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Legislation can change like the hundred thousand changes the govt has done so far to introduce lockdowns and various other requirements like qr codes and etc. No one will dare oppose a legislative change that puts the health and safety of people first or they will risk heavy criticism and lost of votes.
Legislation takes time to change.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
we have about 2 months before the exams
True true. But then again in the grand scheme of things, HSC isn't one of the most important things economically. So who knows if we're on the top of the pile or bottom.

idkkdi

HSC
1. some schools are incapable of marking students accurately. lol. especially to the .'s

2. The worse your school's rank the worse the prediction.
Dux of a rank 300 school can go like +- 5 ATAR range lol.

specificagent1

HSC
True true. But then again in the grand scheme of things, HSC isn't one of the most important things economically. So who knows if we're on the top of the pile or bottom.
yes this is true but this situation is really straining for 70 000 hsc students

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
It's called Political constraints and administrative time lag for economics sufferers
Yeah I got that from eco hahaha. Learnt actually quite alot before dropping it end of last term.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
not in this case. I dont see anyone rejecting the lockdown rule changes every 2 days
It's different. That's like saying why can't the US change their amendment rights. They can but they won't because those have been set in time for ages. Much like the law the HSC that has been going on for ages. Idk enough legal stuff someone correct me if I'm incorrect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)