To the people who are saying cancel the HSC Exams. (1 Viewer)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
bring back the 4u exams from @CM_Tutor 's era. The true exams with fail averages lol.
actually hold up. i don't think he's old enough.
maybe @Eagle Mum's era.
actually dunno if she is old enough either.
Aahh.. the golden years when ceiling bumping wasn’t an issue.

The most challenging aspect of that time was that the internet web wasn’t yet available. If the textbook was wrong (& they often were/are) and your parents and teachers couldn’t help (the hardest questions often stumped teachers too), then you were pretty much on your own.

I took away from that experience that an iPad and wi fi access to an unlimited internet account was a necessary tool for my kids as soon as they could recognise alphabet letters & number symbols.

satvik_1008

HSC
bruh.

you know there are actually kids that have grinded for the HSC exams and expect to pop off externals to get into med/law/etc.. What if estimating their marks render them incapable of getting into these courses despite grinding to pop off in the external exams?

To the vast majority claimed by Sydney Morning Herald to not want HSC exams, I reckon if given a choice, many would choose not to take externals in normal circumstances.

But to the minority that depend on .5 to determine their course entry, especially the ones that are under as predicted by internals, NEED externals.

For the majority, it's a matter of preference. For the minority, it's MANDATORY.

You could theoretically give students a +- range for entering universities. But good luck dealing with an extra 1000 applicants with the stats for a required course.

tldr
I don't think they can cancel HSC.
If they do,
massive bruh moment.
honestly someone needed to say this. the calls to cancel the HSC have honestly been pissing me off

DarkOperator618

HSC
honestly someone needed to say this. the calls to cancel the HSC have honestly been pissing me off
yep

i really do not want the exams to be cancelled, cus i wanna fix my grades

also, if they call it off, it would be a huge waste of time for pretty much everyone

but considering these circumstances, if they call it off, its understandable, considering covid and that

satvik_1008

HSC
yep

i really do not want the exams to be cancelled, cus i wanna fix my grades

also, if they call it off, it would be a huge waste of time for pretty much everyone

but considering these circumstances, if they call it off, its understandable, considering covid and that
I don't want it cancelled, people think its a way to fix the inequity caused by covid, in reality its just gonna make shit worse (look at the UK A-Levels 2020).

and anwyays unless you have serious comorbidities, young people like us have a near zero chance of hospitalisation, and death from covid. If you are truly worried just get vaccinated, we can't live in fear of covid forever

Hiheyhello

HSC
I don't want it cancelled, people think its a way to fix the inequity caused by covid, in reality its just gonna make shit worse (look at the UK A-Levels 2020).

and anwyays unless you have serious comorbidities, young people like us have a near zero chance of hospitalisation, and death from covid. If you are truly worried just get vaccinated, we can't live in fear of covid forever
what happened in the UK?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)