To what extent was the great depression responsible for the collapse of the republic (1 Viewer)

spaks1995

HSC
"To what extent was the great depression responsible for the collapse of the Weimar republic?"

So that was my practice essay question and i found it to be quite hard question to answer
How would u guys approach to such question like this?
Do I have to mention/link Great depression to every paragraph or every one of my ideas?
If so, how would u link completely different ideas e.g. Great depression and Army or Great depression and Military overthrows (Spartcist, Kapp, Munich)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: To what extent was the great depression responsible for the collapse of the repub

You would start by discussing the GD and is role in the downfall of Weimar. You would also give a judgement on the degree that you believe that the GD contributed to the situation. Unless you are going to attribute 100% blame on the GD you would then argue issues such as the constitution, reparations as other contributing factors. You would probably also argue the rise of the extreme parties - Communists and Nazis polarising the population.

Not every paragraph has to mention the GD but each paragraph has to include the judgement on its contribution e.g. most issues will include a reference to the GD in a comparison between the contribution of the issue you are discussing e.g. the weaknesses of the constitution - would WR have survived with that constitution without the GD - make a judgement based on the evidence you are using.

spaks1995

HSC
Re: To what extent was the great depression responsible for the collapse of the repub

You would start by discussing the GD and is role in the downfall of Weimar. You would also give a judgement on the degree that you believe that the GD contributed to the situation. Unless you are going to attribute 100% blame on the GD you would then argue issues such as the constitution, reparations as other contributing factors. You would probably also argue the rise of the extreme parties - Communists and Nazis polarising the population.

Not every paragraph has to mention the GD but each paragraph has to include the judgement on its contribution e.g. most issues will include a reference to the GD in a comparison between the contribution of the issue you are discussing e.g. the weaknesses of the constitution - would WR have survived with that constitution without the GD - make a judgement based on the evidence you are using.
Thanks alot!! Great help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)