Tony Abbott new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
this is my theory ok

nobody likes abbott, but everybody likes the ETS even less
put abbott in power, ETS is foiled and then in 6 months abbott gets the boot anyway because everyone thinks he is a dick

i see now that it was strategic

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
this will be a campaign for the ages.
Sweet martyrdom at last, dear faithful Abbott

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
this is my theory ok

nobody likes abbott, but everybody likes the ETS even less
put abbott in power, ETS is foiled and then in 6 months abbott gets the boot anyway because everyone thinks he is a dick

i see now that it was strategic
There's one flaw with that though. The could be a DD election before he gets the boot.. :balloon:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think it's a bit damning on Turnbull's moral crusade that he devoted himself to publically ruining the leadership chances of Hockey, even tho he had the only real shot at passing the ETS leg. It was all about Turnbull

Lentern

HSC

So you have chosen death.

What a decision, never in my wildest dreams could I have thought it possible. When sportsbet took odds for the liberal leadership in March 2009 they offered $31 dollars to Abbott and for good reason, he is completely unelectable.

Wentworth is gone, Dickson is gone, Mcewen is gone, Sturt is gone, Mcarthur is gone, Bowman is gone, Stirling is gone, Hughes is gone, La Trobe is gone, Kalgoorlie is probably gone, North Sydney is marginal if Bailey gets up again. Boomakers shut the gate there is no way the ALP could feasibly lose the federal election now.

That bonehead Johnson "Mr Abbott's gonna take the fight to Mr Rudd" AHHHH its Latham on steroids! This party has a real way of screwing over members for Wentworth.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Turnbull staying in Parliament at least for the rest of this term. He will be staying on the backbench.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
becaaaaause nothingggg will saaaave the cardinal abbotttt

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
it wasnt his but tho yeh but
vatican roulette bebe

lala2

Banned
HSC
WTF. And I just put in mine and my parents' votes yesterday (we live in Bradfield and naturally voted for Liberal). Dunno about Hockey, but Turnbull >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Abbott. Maybe I should've voted any of the million Christian Democratic Party candidates that were on the ballot paper instead :rolleyes:

P.S. I mean in reference to the individual merits of Turnbull and Abbott as leader. Though I think most people think ETS=fail anyway.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
hahaha bob ellis menacingly in the bground looking in the camera

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i'd say i was a rock solid coalition supporter through howard and turnbull, but fuck, i'm voting labor from now on

Lentern

HSC
If you'd put money on Abbott to lead the party to the next election in March 2008 you could have gotten a payout in excess of thirty bucks and there is a damn good reason for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)