Tony Abbott new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
no i think you missed my point. your arguments are usually right but only because you've read something someone with a bit more flair has said (graney for instance in the drugs thread), and regurgitated it in a far, far more simplified form.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah and i said i wasnt actively participating in that thread, read graneys posts, agreed, used that knowledge (simplified because graney is far smarter than i am) to try and inform others because they were disagreeing with me newly formed viewpoint?

isnt that what everyone does with every argument ever in the history of the world

absorber

HSC

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'd rofl so hard and live forever if the Greens took over all of the Senate

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
The ETS would not fix global warming, Abbot is voting the right way here!
Yeah you're a god botherer for no reason, of course you don't accept science.

[ETS won't fix global warming though]

absorber

HSC
1. no, I voted Liberal bcos the candidate seems best able to represent the needs of Bradfield
2. I did not know about that newspoll. I was working yesterday and we were about to exceed our Internet cap (we're on Optus, so if you exceed, you pay, not go slow) so basically had no Internet for the night. my opinion is ETS is heading in the right direction but I dunno if it''s the right way to go about it (having said that, I don't know if there's a better way...can you think of one?)

See above.
The needs of bradfield are selfish, we have the highest living standards in Australia, the vast majority of people here can't think of anyone but themselves

Oh also the candidate is a narcissist. I walked past his office yesterday, like 10 massive posters stuck to the window of his horrible face

pman

Banned
HSC
Yeah you're a god botherer for no reason, of course you don't accept science.

[ETS won't fix global warming though]
Thats why i plan on being a nuclear physicist, cos i don't beleive in science...
I did 6 units of science for my HSC...

I believe in evolution (as guided by god) and think that historical evidence does not support curremt theories on global warming..... I also realise that polar temperatures must riuse by 20 degrees before see levels rise becouse all ice that will mely before this is sea ice, sea ice is already in the water and dislplaces the same amount when frozen as it does when melted!
Okay max

Last edited:

absorber

HSC
Thats why i plan on being a nuclear physicist, cos i don't beleive in science...
I did 6 units of science for my HSC...

I believe in evolution (as guided by god) and think that historical evidence does not support curremt theories on global warming..... I also realise that polar temperatures must riuse by 20 degrees before see levels rise becouse all ice that will mely before this is sea ice, sea ice is already in the water and dislplaces the same amount when frozen as it does when melted!
How could you make such a defiant judgment when a majority of professionals who've spent life in scientific careers differ?

pman

Banned
HSC
How could you make such a defiant judgment when a majority of professionals who've spent life in scientific careers differ?
Becouse they don't, climate change physicists working at ANSTO released a study that basically showed that global warming is bunk!

Global warming is media beat-up.

No research scientist I have spoken to in real life belives in global warming (and given that my father was a research scientist, i know quite a few)

absorber

HSC
Becouse they don't, climate change physicists working at ANSTO released a study that basically showed that global warming is bunk!

Global warming is media beat-up.

No research scientist I have spoken to in real life belives in global warming (and given that my father was a research scientist, i know quite a few)
You believe it's not necessary to take precautions, that in your mind there can be no doubt that climate change is not human-caused? Do you think the risk is necessary? There's really not a lot to lose compared to the risks involved...

pman

Banned
HSC
2000 yrs ago, they grew grapes on the banks of the thames, it is too cold to do that now...

This is where i get religious on you, Jesus will come again before its a problem!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Paul Fletcher and Kelly O'Dwyer were likely Turnbull votes. Add in Fran Bailey, and Abbott is already a minority leader.

Lentern

HSC
Paul Fletcher and Kelly O'Dwyer were likely Turnbull votes. Add in Fran Bailey, and Abbott is already a minority leader.
Yeah I read that on possum, throw in the "no" vote plus the results of the first ballot, he certainly is leading a fair chunk of the party unwillingly.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah and i said i wasnt actively participating in that thread, read graneys posts, agreed, used that knowledge (simplified because graney is far smarter than i am) to try and inform others because they were disagreeing with me newly formed viewpoint?

isnt that what everyone does with every argument ever in the history of the world
you do the same thing in every thread you dickhead.

i read teh evidens and maek a decision either way cuz im kewl lik dat :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)