too late? (1 Viewer)

monesh

HSC
Its never to late....as long as you believe.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
It is too late because nearly all the prelim course is done.
Not really. People have picked up stuff second term Yr 12.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I can see how if it's Extension or Background speakers (you're actually competent and semi to completely fluent in the language), you could pick it up, but we're talking about Italian Beginners here. This means that you are not really experienced with this language in any way (perhaps just the real basics). By missing out on the entire Preliminary Course, how exactly do you intend to catch up on missed material, as well as managing the material being taught in the HSC course. Also, think of your ranking. These are people who have had about 3 terms of Preliminary Italian Beginners, they are going o be o much more advantaged than you. Sure, you can work hard and achieve excellent results in this course, but in the end, is it really worth it? You'll basically be attempting to complete the HSC course, whilst revising/ catching up on missed Preliminary content. In the end, the amount of time you may need to sacrifice for Italian Beginners in order to compensate with having missed so much of the course may impact on your performance in other subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I can see how if it's Extension or Background speakers (you're actually competent and semi to completely fluent in the language), you could pick it up, but we're talking about Italian Beginners here. This means that you are not really experienced with this language in any way (perhaps just the real basics). By missing out on the entire Preliminary Course, how exactly do you intend to catch up on missed material, as well as managing the material being taught in the HSC course. Also, think of your ranking. These are people who have had about 3 terms of Preliminary Italian Beginners, they are going o be o much more advantaged than you. Sure, you can work hard and achieve excellent results in this course, but in the end, is it really worth it? You'll basically be attempting to complete the HSC course, whilst revising/ catching up on missed Preliminary content. In the end, the amount of time you may need to sacrifice for Italian Beginners in order to compensate with having missed so much of the course may impact on your performance in other subjects.
Really? So I can actually go for Background Speakers course if I wish to?

I think I want to do Korean Background speakers as my 15th and 16th units.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Really? So I can actually go for Background Speakers course if I wish to?

I think I want to do Korean Background speakers as my 15th and 16th units.
Well since you're actually from South Korea there won't be much for you to learn will there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)