• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

too many units?? advice? (1 Viewer)

yumxor

I personally think 15 units is a bit too much. Contrary to what people think, at Ruse, we're not even allowed to do 14 units in yr 11 let alone 15!
Dropping those units will give you a lot more time to concentrate on the units you've got left.

rumour

HSC
How can you do so many?
Do you do one @ saturday school?
At my school they force you to drop subjects, if you have over 14 units.

Drop 1 subject.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by overwhelming
yes but dont u think it is smarter to focus on just 10units and take ure chances??

I mean sure there are ppl at Ruse who do 17units and get over 90 in each and every unit, but realistically - do u think u can do that?

:p

I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything, but srsly consider dropping some units to decrease the amount of workload which is really unnecessary.
Originally posted by treelovinhippie
yep - I think I'm likely to be doing 12 or 13 units in year 12 cos if you stuff up in the exam in one of the subjects then your best 10 units are taken and so gives you the safety.
but everyone's different......so for those who want to just do 10 units go for it! :)

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Isn't it because Ruse students accelerate that they can do distinction courses and thus have a greater number of units without actually doing so many in one year?

Is it true that Ag HSC is done in year 11 - and that you can pick SDD/IPT as year 9-10 electives??

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra

Is it true that Ag HSC is done in year 11 - and that you can pick SDD/IPT as year 9-10 electives??
I think so...most people I know from Ruse did their Ag HSC in year 11, and some did IPT/SDD in year 10

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
15 is much too much! i had 14, endend up fuking up 3 of them and dropped them! there is no point in doing all that, HSC isnt designed to fuk your life up!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i agree 15 i think is 2 many, in yr 11 u may jus cope but yr 12 is like 3 times as much work. i am doin 12 premlim units this year and 2 Hsc units which is 14 units but i do HSC 2u maths which is more fun that anything.
i think 14 is the max any1 would do. 15 would kill u.
i want 2 do 13 but realy im only doin 11 because i have already done 2

my HSC subjects will be:
Ext 2 Maths
Ext 1 Maths
Mathematics (completed)
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
English Genral (i am in Adv but will pob drop)
Studies of religion 1unit (sleep period)

all up i will be doin 11 units in yr 12 and 1 of them being religion which i wont realy try in at all.
as u can see i realy have done 13 units but althou am only doin 10 realisticly (i only do sor1 because im forced 2). this is hw many schools work and they get their students to do accell subjects and they sepread the work load over. so dont be mislead by those faggs that say they do 20 units. think about it as 30-40 mnutes of homework per 2units. so if u did 15 units you might be looking at 7.5-10 hours of studi a night 6 days a week. can u realy stay up 2 4 each morning 2 do that sorta studi. i dont think so.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Treelovinhippie, don't keep on with 15 units. It's possible to do well with that many units, but you said yourself that you have trouble with all the work and feel like you're falling behind (or something to that extent). Drop something, ANYTHING, otherwise you'll probably go insane...

You don't want to burn out before year 12, that would be bad...

TheKing

looking at what your doing right now, i really would be dropping either jap or SDD purely in the fact that your mainly science and math based so engineering and your sciences relate.....
also unless your look at doing REALLY well in them, they do not give you a hig mark and anyone who is choosing to do 15units has got to be looking for a high mark

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i would do 13 units for year 11 tree, and then do 11,12,13 for year 12 ( dont do 10 in year 12, as you cant go from 15 to 10, that would be pointless!)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anna's ghost
i'm doing 13 momentarily.
i plan on doing 12, which i've been told is a tad too much...
at our school HEAPS of people do 13 units in year 11, but NO ONE does 14 ( i was going too, but then decided to do 12, if i did 14 i would be the only one)

for year 12, everyone at our school does between 10-12, with the majority of people doing 10. i think i am going to have to do 12 though ( basiclly coz i suck at ext eng and arent confident i can do 10 units including that)
but yeah they say, the max units you should do is 12, anymore is pretty pointless, in most cases.

If your a dumb, you should do 12 ( like if you are going to stuff up)
but if you are heaps smart gor for 10 or 11 ( if you can pull it off, or otherwise do a me and go for 12)

TheKing

faith and belief in oneself saves alot of time. its relaxing doing only ten no point in wasting my time doing something that i dont enjoy and isn't going to count

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Im doing 10-11 in 05 because as theking said whats the point of having more units if it aint gonna count....

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
Im doing 10-11 in 05 because as theking said whats the point of having more units if it aint gonna count....
...interest in many subjects? If you are interested you will do better - the only time its best to do 10 is if you are sure you will kill all the units and you have no interest in more than 10 units.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*

If your a dumb, you should do 12 ( like if you are going to stuff up)
but if you are heaps smart gor for 10 or 11 ( if you can pull it off, or otherwise do a me and go for 12)
well u might like 2 no that the average units for the ppl that get over 99 in thier uai is 13 or 14 (not exactly sure)

so r they dumb or did they just flook it?
i say 12-13 is the way 2 go i wouldn do 14-15 thou u have 2 be like 1 of those nerds that sudies 24/7

K

katie_tully

15 units?! When do you get time to breathe and wipe your arse?
I'm doing 13 and I'm about to die. 3 unit english, general maths, chemistry, biology, ancient history and industrial technology...i'm thinking of dropping maths and chem and taking up extension history and senior science....
seriously, 15 is way way too much! you'll get to the HSC and if you dont die from stress, you'll be my idol forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)