Too sick for an exam? (1 Viewer)

bekahbaby

HSC
I've been throwing up all day and if I am still sick tomorrow would I be able to qualify to get an exemption from the exam and have them use my assessment marks or do you have to be on like... your death bed for this to actually happen? I mean, I don't want to throw up in an exam but I'd rather do that then get a zero...

Thanks

eileend

HSC
well when my teachers went through the hsc guidlines on being sick and all that
she told us, that be there for the test and the supervisors would look at your condition while your doing your hsc and if you throw up and all that.. then they write a note to BOS on the condition of your sickness and assess to see if you can do the test again... or get extra marks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've been throwing up all day and if I am still sick tomorrow would I be able to qualify to get an exemption from the exam and have them use my assessment marks or do you have to be on like... your death bed for this to actually happen? I mean, I don't want to throw up in an exam but I'd rather do that then get a zero...

Thanks
First off go to a doctor today to get it on the record that you were sick today - they aren't legally allowed to backdate it and the BOS certificates are more detailed than normal ones.

Second still do the exam - that gives the BOS the option, if they grant you an illness/misadventure appeal, to judge whether you actually did do better than your assessment mark would give you - it gives you two chances at a better result rather than simply relying on your cohort.

D94

HSC
N/A

Thanks
If you are able to do the exam (as in physically able to attend), you're better off attempting than risking zero, even though you appear to have good grounds for misadventure/illness. If you are not able to make it (or if you can make it, but you are still physically unwell), you must get a doctor's certificate, and notify your school Principal immediately so you can fill in the misadventure form.

If you can make it tomorrow, you also should notify the Presiding Officer, but either way, a doctor's certificate is paramount, otherwise it's a zero for not turning up.

M

MichelleV

First off go to a doctor today to get it on the record that you were sick today - they aren't legally allowed to backdate it and the BOS certificates are more detailed than normal ones.

Second still do the exam - that gives the BOS the option, if they grant you an illness/misadventure appeal, to judge whether you actually did do better than your assessment mark would give you - it gives you two chances at a better result rather than simply relying on your cohort.
I agree. If you can, try and get to a doctor today and get the certificate showing that you were ill today just in case.

I'd personally still try and go to the exam.
I mean, if your physically sick during the exam, it's probably going to be upheld. Of coarse, your still going to need a doctors cert. for tomorrow too, but a girl at my school was sick during the exams and out examiners were very kind and made sure she knew exactly what she needed to do afterwords because she didn't finish and what their role was.

I guess in the morning if your still unwell, call up your school and let them know, and let the examiners know before you go in in case you need to run outside and be sick.

I hope you feel better soon though! I'd hate to have something like this happen to me :(

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
depends if you are confident in making your 1st pref

if you are dont bother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)