Top 100 or Matrix for English? (1 Viewer)

noot123

HSC
i'm looking to enrol in either top 100 or matrix (chatswood) in english (year 10). i'm prepared to cover the hefty price of the tutoring, but have seen mixed reviews for the english courses for both of these tutoring colleges... please help.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
In my opinion I wouldn’t go to a tutoring centre for English personally unless you are already a high performing student and/or if they offer some extra marking services, exam practice etc. I went to matrix for English like year 11 one term, the teacher was good no doubt, but I didn’t feel like all the time I was getting individual help which is important in English, so then I changed to an individual tutor and it was a lot more helpful. Tutoring centre and groups stuff works well for maths and science but for English I don't think its as good. But there are probably a lot of people it works well for considering they produce good marks so you will just have to test it out and see. If I was you I would go the centre maybe 1 term and then go to a private for a different term and see which one is best for you

satvik_1008

HSC
In my opinion I wouldn’t go to a tutoring centre for English personally unless you are already a high performing student and/or if they offer some extra marking services, exam practice etc. I went to matrix for English like year 11 one term, the teacher was good no doubt, but I didn’t feel like all the time I was getting individual help which is important in English, so then I changed to an individual tutor and it was a lot more helpful. Tutoring centre and groups stuff works well for maths and science but for English I don't think its as good. But there are probably a lot of people it works well for considering they produce good marks so you will just have to test it out and see. If I was you I would go the centre maybe 1 term and then go to a private for a different term and see which one is best for you
what would be a good place to find a good english tutor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)