Top 120 Schools 2003 (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Fort was 16 last year as well, wasn't it? I have two confirmed .95ers, definitely more to come. Ok maybe not definitely, but probably.
three lexicographer... that i know of... ^^

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
mm fort was 16th last year... yet 12th this year?

ehehe our grade's gunna do fort proud... aim for 8th! :D
alot pressure dere... but i am sure u guys will do good, n make fort proud... =) and of cuz ur teachers, parents, ancestors, fwnds, etc etc...

guy

HSC
i think the whole ranking schools thing is a bit stupid
whats the point? to know where to send your kids or something

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
funding might also have something to do with it

bong

HSC
Originally posted by Courtenay
ha...high did worse than grammer at rugby and academics...what honour have they got left??
well, if u really wanna resurrect that old argument... we smacked evryone arnd in tennis

next!

and i'd have to agree with ruka... after the 40 odd 99+ uai's, they plummeted.. prolly cos of eng adv... which we truly do suck at.. or maybe its jus me -_-

Last edited:

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
courtenay... did u consider each student at grammar pay an extra 15000pa... n each student at high pays bt 100... if u dont count the 'voluntary contribution'... so they obviously have better equipment... grounds n coaching than we do... not 2 mention some imports... n in academics... they clearly have better resources... so wen u take that into consideration... we gettin a pretty gud deal... lol...

B

Bambul

from Herald
But the top school in NSW remains the co-educational government selective, James Ruse Agricultural High, now celebrating a 10-year stranglehold on academic achievement. The average Universities Admission Index for its 166 students was 99.35.
I'm going to be pedantic and say that 99.35 would be the median, not mean (there's a difference - the mean is lower than the median in this case). Ruse always gives out the median.

And this has to be the only time that I will be getting the Telegraph over the Herald for its journalistic content. It really does have a more effective measure of how well the schools went.

The only thing better, IMO, would be to compare the "value added" effect of each school (eg. see how much a student improved or deteriorated over the 6 years of high school, probably using the basic skills test in year 5 as the benchmark). Then we could see if smart student in selective schools learn better than smart sudents at non selective schools or not and vice versa.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul
The only thing better, IMO, would be to compare the "value added" effect of each school (eg. see how much a student improved or deteriorated over the 6 years of high school, probably using the basic skills test in year 5 as the benchmark). Then we could see if smart student in selective schools learn better than smart sudents at non selective schools or not and vice versa.
Nice thought there, however this would probably be too intellectually challenging for the media to accomplish :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If they were to graph something like that, it would so a big "V"

Year 6 I was tops, quite smart, years 8-11 was terrible, failed everything, half-way through year 12 i picked up my act significantly to an extent my teachers thought i cheated my exams.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah my marks go wicked up and down, i would have some very sharp rises + drops...i need to learn consistency

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm ive done kinda crap in my first hsc assessments.. do u think they make them hard on purpose at first to make u study more (business average was really low like 59% or something.. maths was like around the same..)

Vortex

!
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
I'm going to be pedantic and say that 99.35 would be the median, not mean (there's a difference - the mean is lower than the median in this case). Ruse always gives out the median.
I agree with ya
the journalist probably got it confused

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hot chix?

ahah strathfield wins in that department XD

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
hot chix?

ahah strathfield wins in that department XD
ah fuck..

/me curse why he didn't attempt to pursade parents to live near strathfield

Nupil

HSC
N/A
GO BURWOOD!!!

Strathfield had nothing on us this year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)