Top 200 Schools 2004 (1 Viewer)

fr0ggy

HSC
Go Hornsby Girls! I'm so proud of our grade. We beat last year's result and we beat Baulko!! hehe

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
VP17 said:
Boo ya. We got ranked for the first time. lol

131, not bad. Best class Pats has produced.

Pats class of '04
What he said^ Although i really thought we had a chance of cracking top 120... stupid chemistry screwed everyone over :mad: Oh and thanks to cro_angel for typing up the list :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just proud of Manly, because we're the 10th ranked selective school this year, and the 3rd ranked co-ed selective, meaning we've come a long way from the debacles of a few years ago, when we were the worst selective, and there were calls for us to be stripped of 'selective' status, among other things

CrashOveride

HSC
How many schools are there in total?
Because i could more quickly find Freshwater going backwards

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
somechick said:
oh my gosh go you good thing. WOW. Where are u situated?

YAY my school's 93 woo hoo. AND dam proud to be public....WITH VALUES!!!!!!!!!!
MALEK FAHD ISLAMIC SCHOOL (9th) --lots of values :)
GREENACRE - a 20 min jogg from where i live (punchbowl- HEY! its a GREAT place to live :) )
and its cheap too- 300 bucks a term

i only paid $600 for the whole of year 12 :eek: - not bad compared to other privates in the city and inner west.

Y r u sooo impressed for?

Last edited:

lucyinthehole

wow, good on the person for typing up the 200.

heheh... 3rd (telegraph) and 4th (smh)... niiiice

Jait

HSC
N/A
Though this list is useful towards the top end I wouldnt stress too much if your school isnt high on the list. In fact if every kid in your school got 89 for every subject you would be ranked last despite your good results.

90 in each subject is not the same either. For example a few years back 20% of all Dance students got band 6 and less than 1 percent of IPT students got it. You would expect to see a lot of perfoming arts schools in the list. I would respect a 90 in IT (top 1%) or Food Tech much more than 1 in Dance (Top 10%) While the BOS would want you to think it is the same most people realise this will never happen. The UAI is there because Universities also believe that all 90's are not the same.

A much better comparison would be to compare the average UAI.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
mr EaZy said:
i know, lots of kids at my school got 88s and 89s, i know of 2 kids who missed out on the premiers award because they got 88 and 89 in 4 unit math :(

we could have beaten syd grammar! :)

yeh ur skool did really well this yr..................impressive..........:).............i know a few girls at my skool who also missed out on all rounders afta getting a few 89's.........poor things...:(

A l

HSC
N/A
I hate it when schools are ranked by the percentage of exams in which a mark of 90 or above was achieved out of the total number of exams sat. Why? Here are some examples:

52. Korowal School (75 exams sat, only 14 got band 6, 18.67%!!!)

71. Oaklands Central High School (ONLY 7 EXAMS SAT! ONLY 1 GOT BAND 6, 14.29%!!)

114. Tullibigeal Central School(ONLY 10 EXAMS SAT! ONLY 1 GOT BAND 6, 10.00%!!)

115. Mungindi Central School (ONLY 10 EXAMS SAT! ONLY 1 GOT BAND 6, 10.00%!!)

Although this of hardly any relevence, it is such a disadvantage for schools with more people...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)