Top Internet Service Providers? (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm current ISP is optus and i just realized how expensive it is (my brother pays for the bill and i had no idea on the pricing).

I urgently need suggestions on ISP that i can switch to. I am looking for ADSL/Cable connection types and require minimum of 5 gigs of download.

What's good out there? Dodo? Exetel? Telstra?

Thanks

ediisjoz

HSC
We have Telstra at home, but my brother doesn't like it much, i'm not sure about expense... at my mum's house we have Unwired, but don't get that unless you can deal with it being slow at times...

BradCube

HSC
I would definatley take a look at Internode (http://www.internode.on.net) or iiNet (http://iinet.com.au).

I'm with internode, and they have a fantastic network. If your into games they also have one of the biggest gaming networks set up and if your with them and playing on their servers, it's all bandwidth free. iiNet also have a similar set up if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway hope that helps. That would be my suggestion. Oh and if possible, avoid Telstra at all costs.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Get TPG adsl2+ they have got a 6GB plan for $40 per month.

PS: Don't get the modem that they can package to you, the netcomm nb5 is el crapo. Right now i'm using dlink dsl-502t I got from MSY $64.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
internode, iinet, optusnet can be ok if you have an optus phone...ummm

netspace is pretty good for gamers[ who i am with], lots of free game related downloads, games servers that dont count to your limit etc.

telscum is the worst ISP in my opinion, they are overpriced and shit.

kow_dude

HSC
Thanks for the replies. What does everyone think about DoDo's services?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I think they are pretty shit, and from what i have heard have poor customer service

dodo: internet that dies

also none of their plans look impressive, besides the price

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
hmm dodo eeh..
whats with their advert that they can "increase" the speed of dial-up by 19 times?

I reckon they probably install a packet compression prog, which would increase CPU usage therefore causing more lag on your computer :|

iamsickofyear12

HSC
whirlpool.net.au - broadband choice: plan search

Once you find one that looks ok check the forums and see what kind of comments people have made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)