Top mark in 4U CSSA 09? (1 Viewer)

jameszhang

HSC
I am aiming to get >98 in 4U. I am going to attempt CSSA '09 soon. Just need some advice on what sort of raw mark I should be aiming for?

Also, out of curiosity, what was the top mark that you know someone has gotten in this paper?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Arent you asking what CSSA 2009 Raw score would roughly equate to a >98 HSC mark? If so i have no idea, what are some of the highest marks on BOS?

untouchablecuz

HSC
I have a feeling you're bluffing in your sig.
How were you able to sit the 2U HSC in year 8? And, achieve a mark of 99?!
child prodigy maybe?

from some of his posts, he seems legit

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
I have a feeling you're bluffing in your sig.
How were you able to sit the 2U HSC in year 8? And, achieve a mark of 99?!
I think he's legitimate because there was this guy who came 5th in the state for 4u maths when he was in yr 8 and did olympiad maths later on. But you could always ask what school he's from.

Top Secret

HSC
I think he's legitimate because there was this guy who came 5th in the state for 4u maths when he was in yr 8 and did olympiad maths later on. But you could always ask what school he's from.
Don't you sometimes feel that if you were given the opportunity and resources, you could've achieved that as well?
It annoys me that I have wasted so much of my time. LOL

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Don't you sometimes feel that if you were given the opportunity and resources, you could've achieved that as well?
yeah, i really agree. i got into the top 0.3% of that westpac maths comp in y8 and did some maths enrichment program where i got sent questions and had to send my solutions back to some guy in french's forest. that's all i remember. and 2u maths is a piece of cake. so pretty sure i could have done it then too.

and now i'm going crap because i'm so goddamned bored of high school and shitty with the years of my life that it's wasted. and everyone keeps telling me that i'm not living up to my potential. and it's pissing the crap out of me and making me even more lazy. far out. it's just one big vicious cycle.

EDIT; apparently it was AMOP - australian mathematical olympiad program. and this year i got a participation in the westpac maths comp, i didn't try because i just don't give a flying f*** anymore. gahh.
pre-hsc blues i think haha.

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah totally wasted time learning easy stuff such as 7x + x in Year 7 and pythagoras' theorem in year 8. I hate the maths syllabus from yr 7 - yr 10.
primary school was even worse. wasted effort doing 1+ 9 in Year 1 and we were doing the same thing in Year 6, except learning how to do it without using our fingers. LOL

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah, i really agree. i got into the top 0.3% of that westpac maths comp in y8 and did some maths enrichment program where i got sent questions and had to send my solutions back to some guy in french's forest. that's all i remember. and 2u maths is a piece of cake. so pretty sure i could have done it then too.

and now i'm going crap because i'm so goddamned bored of high school and shitty with the years of my life that it's wasted. and everyone keeps telling me that i'm not living up to my potential. and it's pissing the crap out of me and making me even more lazy. far out. it's just one big vicious cycle.
NSW education helps the dummies but neglects the smart people.

shaon0

HSC
Yeah but now there's nothing I can do about it. So there's no reason for me to keep pondering issues like that. Plus, he must have been smart enough to be selected for Olympiad, it's not like they select anyone off the street to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)