Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
seremify007 said:
Ahh i get ya.

My Dad reckons my Civic has an optimistic speedo 'coz he said it speeds too easily... and I'm inclined to think- no, I dont' think it's the car which speeds easily.
heh dont worry, my dad speeds and almost knocks me out when i do, so im in a sorta worse situation.

and dont take what i said to be sound LMAO!!! i was making that up.

but it does sound true, cos you aint going to tell the cop "oh it wasnt my fault! my speedo said 165 when i was going 140. my car is defected!" :D

Last edited:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Well you nearly hit it on the head. Top speeds indicated by speedometers in most cars seem to be off by around 10km (sometimes more). GPS is foolproof here.

gna

HSC
hit 205 on the m4 today going to penrith

CieL

HSC
There's this camera/sign around the Cabra area.. Basically you just drive, the camera records you speed, then the sign shows your speed according to the camera's reading..

My bf was going 60 in his civic (with tyres 2" bigger than stock) and the camera recorded his speed as 56-58.. I reckon that speedo is around 5kmh under =S even going at 60....................

LEOT

HSC
190 in a 60 zone.. industrial area in homebush.. near newington

Stock standard Holden VP commodore

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
CieL said:
There's this camera/sign around the Cabra area.. Basically you just drive, the camera records you speed, then the sign shows your speed according to the camera's reading..

My bf was going 60 in his civic (with tyres 2" bigger than stock) and the camera recorded his speed as 56-58.. I reckon that speedo is around 5kmh under =S even going at 60....................
yeah, that is the only thing that scares me with putting larger tyres, you need calibration.

judging by this beinf your first post LEOT i am assuming you didnt do this just to start your sad posting career here. one look at most other's post counts and you will know what i mean...

HSC
130km/h on forest road in a civic 98 vtech, this is bad considering i stuck my P plates up when i only got my Ls :p

jebus0069

HSC
220 in between tatra and bermi on the far south coast.....country!
peace

Optophobia

HSC
100 in a 90 zone on the highway, i'm on my red P's (im such a bad cunt, tehehehe).

Last edited:

alexxxz

HSC
petar13 said:
Well you nearly hit it on the head. Top speeds indicated by speedometers in most cars seem to be off by around 10km (sometimes more). GPS is foolproof here.
gps isnt accurate at all.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Optophobia said:
100 in a 90 zone on the highway, i'm on my red P's (im-such-a-bad-cunt-tehehehe).
hahaha arent you studying to be a cop? :p
thats norty!

speaking of norty
taking advantage of the wet weather I spun the wheels all the way through an intersection near macq uni tonight :D
100 on Epping road...ie a 60 zone :D
and 70 through an intersection and accidently slipping my back end out a bit :eek:
uhohz!!!1

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
a cool trick in wet weather when ur like stopped at traffc lights or something is to put the car in neutral. when youre ready to take off, rev the fuck out of it and then shift into drive with yr foot down on the accelerator and you will get awesome wheelspin action

Jiga

taking advantage of the wet weather I spun the wheels all the way through an intersection near macq uni tonight
ALL the way........ so Hard------core.

a cool trick in wet weather when ur like stopped at traffc lights or something is to put the car in neutral. when youre ready to take off, rev the fuck out of it and then shift into drive with yr foot down on the accelerator and you will get awesome wheelspin action
OR you just floor it off the line.... its gonna spin like crazy n e way, but save fucking up your tranmission

Last edited by a moderator:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't that really bad for your car...?

I accidentally had a skid yesterday with one of my wheels on leaves/mud (in the rain) after exiting a friend's driveway on a slope (where I accel'd too hard)... not that it was cool or anything >_>

Btw any of you guys driven that road which is near Chelt Girls (behind it) which is quite curvey and leads to a dead end? It's quite fun to drive there... I remember test driving the Astra there.

HSC
fuck .. 205? 220? some of you guys are crazy haha.

the fastest i've probably gone is about 145 or so in the 110km/h zone on the m1 between brisbane and the gold coast. yeah i'm not exactly hardcore lol. no speed restrictions on p-platers in qld though, and almost everyone seemed to be doing that speed which is a bit scary

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Then smell the sweet smell of burning.

Last edited:

Optophobia

HSC
mr_brightside said:
hahaha arent you studying to be a cop? :p
thats norty!
Yeh i know, i try not to be hardcore, but sometimes i have to be. It just so happens that "Born to be wild" was on the radio, so i thought "Harcore Ten-Four" and I sped up to 100 KM/H. Then i was like, "heh.. Respect bitch. I can stick my foot a few millimetres down on the pedal and make my car go faster than the speed limit. Respect." :cool:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I accidently drifted through a major intersection yesterday....

I forgot how loose my car gets in the wet and was going abit to fast to say straight so my right hand turn became a fumbled slideways turn.

Jiga

Its usually a good idea not to speed in the wet.... like getting some wheel spin is all good but speeding around corners is asking for trouble, more so in a FWD car like mine where you can quite easily lose your ability to steer which isnt a good feeling.

I restrict my stupid driving to dry conditions late at night... when no-one is on the road ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)