Top 'speed' done and where? (2 Viewers)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
My top speeds are as follows i did 50 in a 50 zone, 60 in a 60 zone and 70 in a 70 zone and 110 on the freeway where the speed was 110.

Oh and i nearly forgot to mention that i did 40 in a school zone.

I think that covers my top speeds and where.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
^ absolute fucking stupidity
what car were you driving anyways...coz i doubt many cars could reach that kind of insane speed...im glad you didnt kill anyone

SipSip

HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
^ absolute fucking stupidity
what car were you driving anyways...coz i doubt many cars could reach that kind of insane speed...im glad you didnt kill anyone

A3 2.0T....was in the middle of the night and had my friends blocking the road

CieL

HSC
Is this your new car?
As in, brand new?
New new?

You're not supposed to thrash a new car!!!!!!!!!!!

Legham

HSC
150km/h on the highway thing. Didn't really feel that fast..

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Legham said:
150km/h on the highway thing. Didn't really feel that fast..
yeah, I know, I did that too, lucky I didn't get pulled over, otherwise I would have been fucked. (i.e. court appearance) :-/

SipSip

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Is this your new car?
As in, brand new?
New new?

You're not supposed to thrash a new car!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah...new new...

I know...but i'm prob not going to own this for more than 2 - 3 yrs...(hopefully)...

Most people tell you you're not suppose to thrash it...but i also heard that most engines are run-ed in before being placed into the car anyway...

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
SipSip said:
yeah...new new...

I know...but i'm prob not going to own this for more than 2 - 3 yrs...(hopefully)...

Most people tell you you're not suppose to thrash it...but i also heard that most engines are run-ed in before being placed into the car anyway...
intercooler if you want to red line it regularly lol, worth the investment

CieL

HSC
SipSip said:
yeah...new new...

I doubt the latter..

I remember years ago we used to own a Corolla... this was before I got my Ls... and my parents dont thrash the car [ie. rev it past 3000rpm], and when I started driving it, it would never ever redline no matter how hard I pushed it.. I accidentally did push it a tad much going uphill once, went to 4.5krpm, which isnt even much, and it sounded like it was going to die..

If what you say is true, I would of expected the engine to be able to redline, or at least not struggle.. everything else I've driven has been able to.. all except this corolla piece of turd..

Even my current car goes to 7200rpm easily.. but that's cos I started pushing it there after about two months..

But yeah, I'm looking to change cars soon.. sell it before it depreciates hellalot.. add a bit of money n get something better.. *wonders what

CieL

HSC
For what?

My old/current car or the new car I want to get?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha intercooler ftw...especially the amount of times where ive pushed it just before the red line

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Ciel, i think its a thing with corollas... our corolla ('95) has this habit of kicking into overdrive at about 85KM/h, which i have learnt is a standard thing in it. trouble is, when i tried racing my friend for the first time it would reach 85 KM/h then kick itself into overdrive. of course i'm still flooring it, so it would kick down to second then kick back up to overdrive at a rate of a cycle per two seconds. by this time i had given up, but yeah, over 6 months of attempted thrashing and even i dont believe that it had tried resisting before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)