Topics for '09 (1 Viewer)

Пaтpик

HSC
Last year I did the Yugoslav Wars - lots of biased information on the internet!

benn07

HSC
Jabba the Hutt said:
I have thought about this so much!!

I completely owned my Modern History investigation in year 11, so now I've intimidated myself to do well in this. xD

I was thinking of a couple of things:
The Loch Ness Monster Legend
The philosiphies of Nietzsche centering around the concept of supermen
Or Germany pre-unification.

I'm kind of stuck actually. I haven't made up my mind and I'll probably think of a thousand ideas before I settle on one.
Wow the people in your class must be awesome, especially a kid called ben.

everanoutsider

HSC
i was thinking about doing the changing perspectives of ned kelly. Originally i wanted to do something on how in times of needs a hero is nearly always manifested (robin hood) but that was a bit broad.
Our proposal draft is due this week and i have no idea what to write in it though

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Hi again.
I had another idea - to do Guantanamo bay detention centre. And explore differing perspectives.
That would not be too broad as well as being interesting.

Or do the role of propaganda in the cold war.

Hey, guess what?
My teacher for extension History gave us a sheet that was a print off of a thread on bored of studies! where people were discussing their topics for history ext. cool hey? So everyone should remember that teachers do check this site lol so no plagarising.

Good luck to all.

:chainsaw:

thefergmister

HSC
Awesome got the question The Albigensian Crusade: Holy War or Holocaust? heaps of info looks good but why is it working why is it so easy for me? I see bad bad things awaiting me bad bad things something something is goind to happen (sigh)

thefergmister

HSC
Freshjiver said:
I'm doing something along the lines of comparing George Bush's foreign policy to Adolf Hitler's.

How contraversial hey, haha.
You do this and im pretty sure the big mean omnipotent voice will slap you silly

gingerwitch28

HSC
How the representation of King Richard III in literature and media has changed over time and why.

mharris

HSC
ive changed =)=) im doing the 4th crusade and the sacking of constantinople and how it affected the Great Schism

camlav

HSC
I thinking of doing Robert Mugabe and the effects of his regime on Zimbabwe.
Proposal due tomorrow, my teacher is expecting 75-1000 words - is this normal?! I've only got ~500, she'll have to make do with that :p

MorningsEleven

HSC
To the chick who mentioned Richard III and the changing portrayals of him over time; my friend did that for his HSC this year and got a really high mark. :D So good luck!

I was thinking of doing either something to do with Cardinal Richelieu in France, whether Robin Hood is myth or reality, or Mary Queen of Scots... Something like that. (I really like British history, and Medieval / the Middle Ages are super interesting...)

So yer, anyone else doing anything like that?
-x

mumajugs1

HSC
Im looking at Hammurabi's Code and and how it was a big change in Ancient Babylonia compared to the social context of the day. Its a hard subject im instantly regretting doing it lol. My teacher was right, ancient topics are very hard.

nimssyk

Captn
HSC
Im probably doing Manifest Destiny and Monroe Doctrine and its affect on 20th Century US Foreign Policy

darkprincess28

HSC
I was thinking of doing Martin Luther King Jr. for a little while, but I'm finding it difficult to create a focus question. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm also thinking about doing Mary Queen of Scots...

benn07

HSC
darkprincess28 said:
I was thinking of doing Martin Luther King Jr. for a little while, but I'm finding it difficult to create a focus question. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm also thinking about doing Mary Queen of Scots...
Well it has to be on historical accuracy. So maybe the conflicting views on his campaigns or something?

cheese!

HSC
Something looking at women in Minoan religion. Go the Ancient History kids!
Honestly, you can see the divide between modern and ancient in our class. :p

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Freshjiver said:
Saaame.. the ancient kids are losers lol.

Anyone thinking about doing the Munich Olympics disaster?
Nope, i'm pretty much doing Nazi Propaganda and it's effectiveness now ^^

And modern is so much better... everyone who does both at my school agree!

MorningsEleven

HSC
annabackwards said:
And modern is so much better... everyone who does both at my school agree!

I do both Ancient and Modern, and I have to agree- Modern owns! ((I guess it kinda helps that our teacher is the coolest / funniest teacher in the whole school. Go Brennan!))

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Woot modern rules!

We so have to tease our guidance coordinator at school now... we have modern when he teaches ancient mwahahahahahahaha

mharris

HSC
i do both and like ancient better, i dunno have heaps good topics xerxes, sparta and the greek world,all fit in together :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)