Torn - I really need help... (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I know this would ultimately be down to me - my decision alone, but I really need some outside opinions and suggestions. I'm really torn.

This is a bit long.

The senario:
There are two guys - I'm with one of them. The other guy wants to be with me too. I like them both.

The low-down on the guy that I'm with:
He's from my grade (I'll leave his race etc alone) who used to have a crush on my ex-best friend (who liked my ex for a while). We started chatting on MSN because of that - he wanted to get nearer to her and needed my help. He eventually gave up...but we kept chatting. When he got depressed this year for some reason, I "counselled" him and a month later he admitted that he loved me. This has been a 2-month already (exactly).
He's never had a gf before. He's the "straight-out" type of guy - he doesn't like detours etc in conversations and truthfully & deep down, he's shy and insecure still. We don't hold hands if there're people around etc. He's still learning about the many areas of "relationship ettiquette" which many of us have already learnt. Also, because of our families, we have to date in secret - no phone, just MSN from time to time. He's not entirely romantic - very rusty on that, but he's getting better - he doesn't really take the "initiative" - like, he doesn't suggest anything that we can do - just says "I just want to be with you" - and accepts any suggestions I come up with. We've only met up a few times and at times, he'd stay quiet and "in awe" of me - kind of uncomfortable but I'm learning to deal with that, but he has no trouble in giving or getting affection. There's not really a lot to put in, currently...but I'm comfy around him.
I hadn't had too much confidence in this relationship - he's mostly the guy in the background who kind of makes you doubt his feelings - but this has been going strong. I've mentioned the word "break-up" several times, but in the end I've decided to give him a chance - it's his first time, after all, and he's really enthusiastic to solve any problems we encounter so that we can stay together.

The low-down on the other guy:
He's been a friend for aaaaages, since I was in year 8 - he's a year above me. it began with some put-downs which he's now apologised for. He's really generous - like, the most generous guy I know, and he's also hilariously funny with a quirky sense of humour. He's as outgoing as...as quiet as the other guy is. He's the easy-going type, warm and I'm comfy around him.
He' liked/loved me since we first saw each other - I'm no hottie btw lol, and we went out for a day a few years ago - broke up because I was more interested in books than him...and now, years later, his feelings are much stronger - up to the point that he can't deal with it. He lets me take the initiative as well - but with him, it feels like that he can back me up if I can't come up with anything. He's putting in so much, in the hope that I'll accept him. Still, I feel shy around him - I think he's a bit above me. There're mild arguments about family, religion etc. His feelings for me are just overwhelming - I've seriously been knocked out by it - I'd never known about the loving side of him. His family's keen to get to know me, even though I can't date yet. He's adorable, he's cute and much more responsive.

The PROBLEM:
In a nutshell, I don't know who to choose. I don't want to let go on either of them. For the first guy - it'll seem as if I'm too negative, I've already been negative with him enough - I don't want to give up on the fight that we have to face together - family, cultural etc. He's not the warmest guy but he's the faithful type and "refuses" to lose hope, when there're only small problems to deal with. There's a bit of compromise there. For the second guy - well, he's afraid that I'm leading him on when I told him that I'm down 'cos I won't be seeing my bf for several months. He needs to know - he's losing patience in a way - and hence this is the reason why I'm posting this.

I'll tell more - if there's anything else that anyone needs to know to help me. :)
Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Number two. Whoever he is.

If you're not allowed to date in uni, when are you allowed to date???

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Toss a coin. I'm being serious. You really want only one of them, so by tossing a coin (make guy 1 heads and guy 2 tails) and seeing the result, you will be either happy or disappointed and your reaction will tell you what to do. It's all psychological (like your name....sorta).

karoooh

HSC
^

Seconded.

Plus, you're already with the guy and he's still learning, so give him a chance!

Have you talked to him about it?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
choose the 2nd one. It's the first guys first relationship, trust me, he will probably stay around you until YOU dump HIM, your doing him a favour to go out with other people and get more experience. It sounds like you are only going out with the first one out of pity.

vern

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
He's been a friend for aaaaages, since I was in year 8 - he's a year above me. it began with some put-downs which he's now apologised for. He's really generous - like, the most generous guy I know, and he's also hilariously funny with a quirky sense of humour. He's as outgoing as...as quiet as the other guy is. He's the easy-going type, warm and I'm comfy around him.
Lmao, that so sounds like me in year 12 too this girl. I used too tease her then I felt bad and apologised and she told me how funny i was, quirky sense of humour and etc. We ended up being best friends, I couldn't imagine going out with her she is awesome.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
go for the second one. also the fact that you didn't want to mention the first guy's race makes me think he's a non-white, therefore you should cut off all contact with him IMMEDIATELY.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
The ironic thing is - although he's outgoing, this guy's faithful - both of them are utterly devoted...
Then it's pretty obvious that guy number two outranks guy number one, right?
breaking said:
go for the second one. also the fact that you didn't want to mention the first guy's race makes me think he's a non-white, therefore you should cut off all contact with him IMMEDIATELY.
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), the fact that the first guy IS white is the little racial problem we have here. Cos see, Cyko is Chinese.

hello_world

HSC
breaking said:
LOL

dbf064

HSC
I suggest you should all have a threesome

Go for guy 2

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
seriously, what's the point in doing the pity thing? u arent responsible for people's reactions or feelings and they can't have people babying them because life isnt going to . i know it sounds harsh but i'm not just saying this from my high horse. you like the second one better, he sounds more fun, he's 'devoted' in ur words, so he wont play u . so dont let someone drag u down

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Ennaybur said:
seriously, what's the point in doing the pity thing? u arent responsible for people's reactions or feelings and they can't have people babying them because life isnt going to . i know it sounds harsh but i'm not just saying this from my high horse. you like the second one better, he sounds more fun, he's 'devoted' in ur words, so he wont play u . so dont let someone drag u down
It's like what I've said in some other random post many months ago: you have to realise that you can't make EVERYONE happy.

And it's not just you. We all face these choosing-between-multiple-potential-partners dilemmas some time. Just go with whatever you feel like at the time. Don't think long term because there's no way you could know now that you/he won't change your/his mind later on. .

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
If you're worried about hurting the guys, it's either BOTH or NEITHER. Only that way will the guys have a relatively similar quantity of "hurt"

If you're worried about YOUR OWN HAPPINESS, then it is YOU who will have to decide. If you truly cannot tell the difference, roll a die. Odd = #1, Even = #2.

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)