Total number of units for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

How many units in year 11?

Votes: 29 50.0%

Votes: 18 31.0%

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 15 and over

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

suzlee

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
No one gets into Software Design (only 16 in our class and most of them are dropping in Yr 12)
Contradiction;; :confused:
If nobody gets into Software Design, why is it that you have a class of 16 people? I think a class of 16 is pretty huge for a subject so unpopular.. based on my current school, anyway.
But I agree with the dropping in year 12 bit.. I was thinking about doing the same :p

ratcher0071

HSC
suzlee said:
Contradiction;; :confused:
If nobody gets into Software Design, why is it that you have a class of 16 people? I think a class of 16 is pretty huge for a subject so unpopular.. based on my current school, anyway.
But I agree with the dropping in year 12 bit.. I was thinking about doing the same :p
What I'm trying to say is that no-one gets involved into software design, in class we just bludge :D

suzlee

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
What I'm trying to say is that no-one gets involved into software design, in class we just bludge :D
Ohh right :D

Bludge is fun :) :) :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
13. I don't know whether to drop two subjects in year twelve and pick up ext. 2 english or just drop the one though. i'll see what happens next year i guess.

victoria10

HSC
i am doing 12
i was gunna do 14 but then the careers advisor said not too.
lol.

HSC
supercalamari said:
13. I don't know whether to drop two subjects in year twelve and pick up ext. 2 english or just drop the one though. i'll see what happens next year i guess.
yes, i'm having the same problem. i've got no idea wat to drop to pick up maths ex 2 and I don't really want to do 14units in yr12

speedofsound

HSC
elliottjohnson said:
yes, i'm having the same problem. i've got no idea wat to drop to pick up maths ex 2 and I don't really want to do 14units in yr12
Well, let's wait until we're actually in year 11 before we start making those decisions. ;)

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
Well, let's wait until we're actually in year 11 before we start making those decisions. ;)
It's still good to have an idea of your plans for year 12 when you can still change your mind about the courses you wanna do for your HSC ;)

I'm thinking of doing the same too, doing 13 then dropping two subjects to pick up an extention 2... I have no idea whether I'd be capable of it though :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
It's still good to have an idea of your plans for year 12 when you can still change your mind about the courses you wanna do for your HSC ;)

I'm thinking of doing the same too, doing 13 then dropping two subjects to pick up an extention 2... I have no idea whether I'd be capable of it though :(
trust me, my friend. You will encounter a great change during yr 11. Your fav can become your worst nightmare. My fav used to be chem, now I cannot wait to drop it. I am not just the only one. I have tonnes of mates who share the same feeling like I do. Just concentrate on making the best subject selection possible.

suzlee

HSC
lyounamu said:
trust me, my friend. You will encounter a great change during yr 11. Your fav can become your worst nightmare. My fav used to be chem, now I cannot wait to drop it. I am not just the only one. I have tonnes of mates who share the same feeling like I do. Just concentrate on making the best subject selection possible.

Okay :cold:

TBK11

HSC
im doin 12U

hmm as for yr 12 thinkin
4U eng
4U Maths
Chemistry
oh and Retail Pharmacy

same stuff as my subs gonna drop bio maybe

TBK11

HSC
according to the Poll 2 people voted 15Units+ now was that jus a random vote or is some1 out there doin 15U if u are plz state im amazed that a school would allow it

suzlee

HSC
TBK11 said:
according to the Poll 2 people voted 15Units+ now was that jus a random vote or is some1 out there doin 15U if u are plz state im amazed that a school would allow it
My school 'recommends' 13 or under, but they don't stop you from doing 14 or over if the student insists... just strong discouragement;

suzlee

HSC
lyounamu said:
Sorry if I made quite a hostile example. But I am sure you have that capacity to turn that around. :)
Nahhh not hostile at all!
Thanks for the advice :p

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
My school 'recommends' 13 or under, but they don't stop you from doing 14 or over if the student insists... just strong discouragement;
hmm if students really insist i guess but that will kill you too much work load 15U ouch

speedofsound

HSC
TBK11 said:
I don't even understand how it's possible to do 15 units... surely the number of lines wouldn't allow it. :S Unless perhaps you were doing both Maths and English extension, 4 other subjects and a TAFE course...

suzlee

HSC
How come I can't click on the number on the poll?? On some other polls in other threads I found you could click to view who voted for what.. :confused:

rolror88

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
How come I can't click on the number on the poll?? On some other polls in other threads I found you could click to view who voted for what.. :confused:

You have to make it a public poll, I think..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)