Toughest man in league? (1 Viewer)

cayte

I agree with davo, tooves is the toughtest player I've seen in my lifetime. This may surprise (and aggravate) some people, but Minichiello has a toughness about him in the consistency with which he takes the field (as in he hasn't missed many games) and the fact that he's always in it even as a not-big man.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Buggdogg said:
Whoever said fitzy is tough is a clown. The guy chalks up 60 tackles a game because he's always the third man and does no work. He rarely does 1st tackle hard yards and picks up his meeting when the defence is back peddling on the 4th and he generally runs at the halfback.

Tough. Give me a break.

how about having this happen to you, getting it roughly put back into place, then 20 seconds later taking a hit up
fitzy's tough as teak

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ledzeppelin said:

how about having this happen to you, getting it roughly put back into place, then 20 seconds later taking a hit up
fitzy's tough as teak

yeh Fitzy is tough as, hes a legend :D. I think he dislocated that when he tackled Danny Nutley-\ in SOO3

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
davo_ said:
I remember that... it wasn't a dive... Just because Withers didn't get up straight away doesn't mean it was a dive. And you can get hit hard without it being a high tackle (despite the fact it was called a high-tackle- so ofcourse Nutley's going to chuck a shit about it.) If you've played any half physical sport you know that you can get hurt without it being something that will disable you for the rest of the match (or maybe you've had an extremely lucky run with injuries, or have just never played sport before)
When Nutley accused him of BSing Withers got up right away, now if he really was hurt he wouldnt of got up so quick, so one can only assume he wasnt hurt.

I dont know what kind of player you are, but when I play footy and get tackled I always get up, even if I am hurt. The only reason why I wouldnt get up is if the pain is too much, and it wouldnt take me a split second to recover from such a hit like Withers

davo_

good kid
HSC
I thought Nutley was one of Queensland's better players to whoever said they didn't see him do much. Surely you remember that awesome hitup he made when Queensland had no chance later in the game. I'd like to see him in origin again, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Yeah Suney_j I pretty much agree with you, but I still don't think that was a dive- a dive is more than that- and still think he's tough. Agree to disagree... I might sorta add, sometimes you(well I) do get knocks to the head where you are only in extreme pain for a few moments..

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I can see Nutley coming off the bench, but it will be hard pushing off Ben Ross.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
davo_ said:
Yeah Suney_j I pretty much agree with you, but I still don't think that was a dive- a dive is more than that- and still think he's tough. Agree to disagree... I might sorta add, sometimes you(well I) do get knocks to the head where you are only in extreme pain for a few moments..
Maybe I overused the word 'dive'. He may not had dived but he didnt get up as soon as he could, and I also heard he had a smirk on his face while he was doing it (not sure if thats true though)

Knights_chick

How about Danny Buderus?
He played most of last year with an injured foot. He couldn't even RUN at training but still turned up on game day and played extremely well, then he won the Dally M. Even this year in origin he was great in defence. And yesterday against the Cowboys he made 43 tackles!
Champion.
I also think Ben Galea from the Tigers and Peter Cusack from Souths are tough guys.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Whoever said they didn't see Nutley much was too busy sucking Jason Ryles cock. Nutley played better most of the NSW forwards. He's been the biggest workhorse in the NRL for the past four years, and the only reason he doesnt make origin is becasue he plays with the Sharks.

Kimmorley, although he's done jack all, injured his knee halfway through Origin I (theres a reason to why he played shit), and hasnt recovered since. Fucking Stuart Raper shuld give him a rest.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Kimmorley wasn't playing that well from the start, and the injury can't have been that bad because it wasn't really noticed (well I didn't notice it - that said i was on the piss). I also don't think people wouldn't have bagged Kimmorley so hard if NSW had won in the golden point extra time - well basically if he didn't throw that intercept pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)