TPC days/timing? (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
I've been thinking about doing TPC next year.

Website says its 720 hours.. how many days a week would that make it? & how many hours each day?

MajorRager

HSC
N/A
It depends on how many, and which subjects you choose for the first semester.

This semester I'm doing 4 subjects which ads up to 16 hours per week, I only go to TAFE 3 days a week but the days you go will depend on the subjects you choose.

If you choose more subjects in the first semester it will probably work out that you will have to do less hours in the second semester.

Hope that helps out a bit :)

ay0_x

HSC
Thank you.

Just a few more questions.. how many subjects do you need to do so you can apply for UNI next year?

& I just read in another thread that unis only accept TPC if you're above a certain age :S

Does anyone have any info on this? :confused:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Thank you.

Just a few more questions.. how many subjects do you need to do so you can apply for UNI next year?

& I just read in another thread that unis only accept TPC if you're above a certain age :S

Does anyone have any info on this? :confused:
When I did my TPC in 2007 you needed to do a minimum of ten subjects (7 A's and 3 B's, though I believe this has changed to 5 A's and 5 B's now, correct me if I'm wrong) with the remaining hours from 720 hours made up with electives which are usually rolled into your normal classes (for example, Chemistry A may also have Lab Techniques in it as an elective).

Some uni's do not accept the TPC and some only do if you're above a certain age. It's best to check with your uni admissions as to whether they accept it. From memory USyd = 21 (some courses excluded from TPC entry such as medicine), UNSW = 20, Mac, UTS, UOW = 18, UWS and UNCLE had no minimum age. Again, this is info I got in 2007 so it's best to double check as these may have changed!

HSC
N/A
You get your entry score generated by your LALS B mark and your 2 best other B module scores.

So really you only have to do 3 A modules and 3 B Modules.

I am doing the TPC at Ultimo and this is the drill:

Classes are in 2hr blocks.

Physics, Chemistry & Biology are 6 hrs a week
LALS is 4
Prelim Maths, Foundation Maths, Adv Maths, Calculus & Statistics are 4 hrs (I am 99% sure anyway)

Dunno about Humanities though I would assume 4

Unless you do evening courses, then it's 1 4hr class a week for all science and LALS. Obviously no night classes for the minor subjects.

Also, all science B modules are only offered in the second semester.

But you should check with the TPC co-coordinator at your desired institution :)

ay0_x

HSC
Thank you, I'm actually probably opting for Ultimo.

Since TPC is an enrollment course, can they actually reject people?

HSC
N/A
Yeah but it's highly unlikely. They do a small test and an "interview" which was basically just to make sure you can read and understand English (ie. form a sentence) and the interview was just selecting subjects.

As long as you don't say "I am doing this because Centrelink asked me to" then you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)