Tpc (1 Viewer)

CyanideAssassin

HSC
Hi all!

I have decided to defer my offer to do the TPC before I start uni, as it's been about 7 years since I finished high school and my chem and physics are a little rusty.

I heard that you show up to an info seminar and the teachers pick who they want to do the course. Since I am quitting my job for this, I want to make sure I can get in so I am going to Randwick and Ultimo's sessions as I live in Pyrmont, but the Randwick's seminar is before Ultimo's.

Anyway, I was just wondering how hard it actually is to get into the Ultimo one? I assume there would be a lot of competition out there. But am I wasting my time by going to the Randwick info day if I don't really want to go there?

Cheers :)

CA

blerkles

HSC
N/A

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Also check with your intended uni if they offer any prep courses. I know CSU offers some chem, phys, transition to nursing, etc subjects before you start, usually free if you have gained a place with them.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hmm, when I went to my info session, nearly everyone was picked. The only people who were rejected were those who showed little commitment and those who didn't pass basic skills tests. This is at Richmond though, I'd imagine the inner city TAFE's are more stringent.

I would talk to the general education coordinator at your preffered campus (Ultimo) before the info session about this. Ring up and make an appointment, perhaps. You may not get a lot of time with them but the fact that you're showing commitment and being proactive should be beneficial for you. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)