traffic lights question (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
CieL said:
Is that so?

Last time me and my bf's family stopped at a red light camera, but the camry beside us decided to roll forward a tad from a stationary position and the front tyres just went over the line... but still the camera flashed

I think what he meant was, if your front wheels cross the line when the light goes red, and you continue across, your photo will be taken and you will be fined.

Obviously you won't be fined for creeping, but if you're in the middle of the intersection when the lights go red, you won't be fined either.

CieL

HSC
scarybunny said:
I think what he meant was, if your front wheels cross the line when the light goes red, and you continue across, your photo will be taken and you will be fined.

Obviously you won't be fined for creeping, but if you're in the middle of the intersection when the lights go red, you won't be fined either.
No.

We're not talking about fines. We were talking about when a camera flashes.

Opto said that for the camera to flash, two sets of tyres need to cross the line. However, I'm stating that for the camera to flash, you just need one set of wheels to activate the camera.

That's it. I never said the Camry got fined nor did I believe that he would. I merely just said the camera flashed.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Pfft a fine was implied by the context (ie a thread about when you can be fined).

lengy

HSC
Yo, here's the shizzle ma nizzle. My friend got a new used Integra a few months back and it was okay for her to go through the intersection though it was turning yellow but because she was so slow another guy on the next lane sped up quick and overtook her making it seem like she was the one speeding. She got the fine. Dunno what happened after that I haven't talked ot her in a while. That's what you get for for leaving gaps and driving slow. She may be a good friend, but she only got her L's at the end of last year or something. She's had her previous car crashed, and a second fine, that she admitted was her fault, near the time she got that traffic light fine. Thing is, you push it at a red light camera, doesn't matter if it says in the rules that it's yellow you can still go, they'll still charge you. They don't care shit about you, only the money. Pay attention to the road and don't budge on people who try to force your hand. They push in, they can go fuck themselves. Stay the fuck out of my way.

lengy

HSC
I think you'd be safer IN my car than driving next to me. :)

CieL

HSC
scarybunny said:
Pfft a fine was implied by the context (ie a thread about when you can be fined).
Yes, the thread is talking about fines.

But I was clarifying the process in which results in a fine.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Dumsum said:
While we're on this topic. Do all yellows illuminate for the same time period? Or does it depend on the speed limit?
that and type of road and traffic that uses it etc. A light will go from yellow to red much faster on a quiet street with a 40 limit than a main road frequented by heavy trucks etc with a 80 limit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)