• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trails/SC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Kujah, I noticed your profile, you're in Year 11 but you're doing 4 Unit Maths. How? Are you accelerating or something? I thought Extension 2 was HSC only?
I think Kevin has his year 12 subjects listed in his profile now.
Yep. Preliminary's over, and HSC's coming. :uhhuh:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I always thought HSC was Term 4, but I'm only half way through my textbook. Why?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
What are you talking about?
Yeah off topic >.<" But he said Preliminary is over and HSC is coming. If Preliminary is over, why have I only finished half of my textbook?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You're accelerating I guess? Well, you might be given Term 4 to finish off the Preliminary course.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I don't get it. You haven't started year 11 yet.

Help a fool out here. :eek:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
How can I finish the second half of the book in 1 term when I did the first half in 3 terms?
The other class is going at the same speed too but with a different textbook. Is the textbook old or something? My teacher knows what she is doing so I trust her, but I want to know what's going on!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
First of all, is this Year 10 content or Preliminary content?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
First of all, is this Year 10 content or Preliminary content?
It's a Preliminary textbook for 3 Unit Maths. It's called Maths In Focus if that helps...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahhliss said:
It's a Preliminary textbook for 3 Unit Maths. It's called Maths In Focus if that helps...
So you're accelerating?

Maths in Focus is so crap - Get Cambridge woman.

I <3 Dobby :eek:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't worry. Teachers have a tendency to speed up with the modules and topics if they are behind schedule.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the teacher always complains about the textbook, she just calls it 'Focus' because she doesn't think it's 'in focus'.
How much would it cost? She did tell us if we wanted extra work, we should get Cambridge (well my friend told me she said that, I forgot). Would I be able to work on it by myself?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahhliss said:
Yeah, the teacher always complains about the textbook, she just calls it 'Focus' because she doesn't think it's 'in focus'.
How much would it cost? She did tell us if we wanted extra work, we should get Cambridge (well my friend told me she said that, I forgot). Would I be able to work on it by myself?
I did 2u adv math all the way up to the end of term 4 - and i bought the cambridge book for it (sigh, what a waste) - it was easy to understand and the questions were a lot better and harder, so i got more practice. Definitely worth it.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I think I should get it. I reckon I'll do better in Extension 1 that way. The 'Challenge Exercises' in my textbook don't really help, they're mostly the same as the exercises -.-" Teacher gives us sheets from Couchman, which are better than the ones in my textbook. Is Cambridge the best book?

Do the questions get gradually harder? Or just all hard? So how much is it? Where would I buy it? Do normal book stores have it?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahhliss said:
I think I should get it. I reckon I'll do better in Extension 1 that way. The 'Challenge Exercises' in my textbook don't really help, they're mostly the same as the exercises -.-" Teacher gives us sheets from Couchman, which are better than the ones in my textbook. Is Cambridge the best book?

Do the questions get gradually harder? Or just all hard? So how much is it? Where would I buy it? Do normal book stores have it?
Cambridge is used in most selective & private schools :)

The questions gradually get harder - but even the first few questions are harder than those in the maths in focus textbook.

LOL if you want the 2u adv one - i have it :eek:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Try the Extension questions :uhhuh:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Cambridge is used in most selective & private schools :)

The questions gradually get harder - but even the first few questions are harder than those in the maths in focus textbook.

LOL if you want the 2u adv one - i have it :eek:
I don't go to selective T.T My friend said a girl in my grade (Year 10) was told to buy it for tutoring o.0
The Focus ones are mainly useless, that's why my teacher always gets sheets. Not from Cambridge though >.<" lol
I saw a site say $50, is that right?
http://www.cambridge.org/aus/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521658645

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Dymocks > Angus.

But if you want HUGE variety, go Borders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)