Traineeship/Cadetships (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I was just wondering about the marks that most firms are looking to get students at...say if i wanted to get to UNSW commerce course and i was relying on the hsc plus scheme, so i was looking at an ATAR of ~92/93, would that greatly hinder my chances? If i have extra curricular well covered, would they still not take a student with that score? and also is there anything I can add that would make them overlook that ATAR?
Thanks
Marks aren't that important in the scheme of things- just a part of the package. You need to convince the employer that you'll be able to get into a CA accepted course (e.g. UNSW B Commerce) and that's all they really care for. It's the other stuff and your personal drive/etc are also important considerations.

Remember it's still a job application not a scholarship application- there are differences in how you should be approaching it. Tip: think about who is likely to be reviewing your application, what they are doing, and at what stage of the process it is.

ps. I just realised there's a more suitable thread to post accounting cadetship queries in... > http://community.boredofstudies.org...22/accounting-cadetships-2010-a/new-post.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)