transfer into american uni via maq uni (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
does anyone know if this is possible?

if so what is the process ?
thanks

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
ok. hypothetically if i wanted to postgrad, how would i do so, and would i still have to pay $30,000USD for living costs like mosy colleges ?!

sikhman

HSC
N/A
ok. hypothetically if i wanted to postgrad, how would i do so, and would i still have to pay $30,000USD for living costs like mosy colleges ?!
yes. unless you get aid/grants/scholarships

X

xeuyrawp

Yes, although some (very few) colleges will only offer graduate positions if you have funding; ie if you get into the course, you're guaranteed funding. Realistically, unless you're very wealthy or have a scholarship, don't consider going to the US to study.

Have a look around the unis' websites as all this information is on there.

sikhman

HSC
N/A
Realistically, unless you're very wealthy or have a scholarship, don't consider going to the US to study.
Except for the fact that top colleges give heaps of aid to Internationals. So be really smart and poor, and you'll also get in.

X

xeuyrawp

Except for the fact that top colleges give heaps of aid to Internationals. So be really smart and poor, and you'll also get in.
Yeah if you want to be paying back a huge debt for ages when the product itself is not going to be hugely value-adding.

Like I said, realistically you shouldn't be looking at studying there without a scholarship or a rich family.

artist91 said:
Transfer places are harder to score than freshman. I read somewhere that Harvard had like 7.
On the exchange/overseas forum here, I wrote a massive post about doing undergrad in the US. Bottom line: Don't bother.

Secondly, like I said, all this information is online. If you're even entertaining the idea of transferring to a decent uni in the US, spend a lot more time looking around the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)