• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

transfer into law (2 Viewers)

Tabris

HSC
I plan to transfer to law but with a GPA of 3+ i dont know if i can make it, but i also have to change program of study,

You said that taking 104 and 114 will mean auto entry, can i just include them into my studies next year??

I currently do B appfin and eco, looks like i might drop economics....

Happy Halloween, I know i ll be celebrating something :cool:

:rolleyes:

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
I plan to transfer to law but with a GPA of 3+ i dont know if i can make it, but i also have to change program of study,

You said that taking 104 and 114 will mean auto entry, can i just include them into my studies next year??

I currently do B appfin and eco, looks like i might drop economics....

Happy Halloween, I know i ll be celebrating something :cool:

:rolleyes:
Look, you have to have a go. Write them an awesome letter, and hope for the best. I offer my services in Irish Persuasion, if you're like to make the people you're competing for the place vanish.

You can't just include 114 and 104 in your studies next year (they require you to be doing law).

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Homey said:
does any one know when we have to apply for that law quota?

when do we find out if we have been accepted or rejected?

Another questions, chances of getting into law at Macq any better than that on UNSW?

thanks for your help.
depends on ur uai and gpa ... but i applied for macq law via uac and internally...go rejected, but accepted byunsw ...usually find out late jan ..early feb ... cant member.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
depends on ur uai and gpa ... but i applied for macq law via uac and internally...go rejected, but accepted byunsw ...usually find out late jan ..early feb ... cant member.
You were accepted by UNSW law, or just the degree that you're in now?

And you find out early Feb, like I said.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Just his degree (note his signature).

I transferred into law in 2002. My UAI was in the low 90's and my GPA was < 3.

I did however write a kick-arse application.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It involved sexual pleasures didn't it :( I knew my free foot massages and candy wasn't enough *cries*

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
It involved sexual pleasures didn't it :( I knew my free foot massages and candy wasn't enough *cries*
Haha, well I'm not above that. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Actually I was just lucky to be in a ridiculously easy transfer year with a huge quota.

philly17

asylym u cant minor in philosphy with teaching its only society and culture that is anywhere close to that and another thing u cant major in completely one history u need a mix of ancient, modern, australian and aboriginal!! ohh and wat does mas like in your sig wat subject is that?

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Philomena_86 said:
asylym u cant minor in philosphy with teaching its only society and culture that is anywhere close to that and another thing u cant major in completely one history u need a mix of ancient, modern, australian and aboriginal!! ohh and wat does mas like in your sig wat subject is that?
Philomena_86, like he said, he's going to do a concurrent degree as well.

GoodToGo said:
Just his degree (note his signature).
I don't have signatures turned on. I hate people sticking huge pictures in there.

Also- writing a kick-ass application has very little influence. As said to me by Maggie Liston, the top 20 people (judged half by UAI, half by GPA) are chosen. The letter applications are only used if you had EAS, or there are two people with the same marks.

NB: I saw the forms in the law office yesterday, they're in. Purpley colour.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i went to see the academic advisor in w3a.620 (forget her name) and she said to come and get the form after the results are released for semester 2.

where is this "law office"?

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
i went to see the academic advisor in w3a.620 (forget her name) and she said to come and get the form after the results are released for semester 2.
That's odd. The form's available now.

You don't pick up the form from the law office, you pick it up from W3A (The building you were in - which is actually the law building) room 531 - from a lass named Maggie Liston.

It was the first time I've ever been in that building, and seriously, it needs a face lift.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
That's odd. The form's available now.

You don't pick up the form from the law office, you pick it up from W3A (The building you were in - which is actually the law building) room 531 - from a lass named Maggie Liston.

It was the first time I've ever been in that building, and seriously, it needs a face lift.
thanks rhapsody. :)

will try again next monday

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
thanks rhapsody. :)

will try again next monday
No problemo.

What were is your UAI and GPA?

You can actually ring up Maggie and ask her to read a list of UAI/GPAs that got in.

I think 85 UAI / 3.15 GPA was the lowest combination. Someone with a UAI of 94 and a GPA of 3 got in, whilst a person with 85 and a GPA of 4 also got in.

But then again, it could bare down to your letter.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, fuck
uai of 86 and gpa of 2.45 haha score!

iwannarock

HSC
hahahha and to think i'm doing law. :rolleyes:

and i don't really qualify.

i think i have a gpa of like 2.0

these poor suckers applying deserve it so much more than me......and yet i'm still doing it.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
hahahha and to think i'm doing law. :rolleyes:

and i don't really qualify.

i think i have a gpa of like 2.0

these poor suckers applying deserve it so much more than me......and yet i'm still doing it.
LOL. That attitude will get you nowhere in the legal world. You should be prepared to climb a mountain of wanna-be law students by clawing your way up with the tips of your fingernails.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
No problemo.

What were is your UAI and GPA?

You can actually ring up Maggie and ask her to read a list of UAI/GPAs that got in.

I think 85 UAI / 3.15 GPA was the lowest combination. Someone with a UAI of 94 and a GPA of 3 got in, whilst a person with 85 and a GPA of 4 also got in.

But then again, it could bare down to your letter.
ok so i been doing a couple of calculations.

those figures you have, i calculated the weighted (half UAI, half GPA) mark. i am pretty sure they would use a similar system.

[(uai/100) + (GPA/4)]/2

all the people that made it:
UAI/GPA
85.00/3.15 = 81.88
94.00/3.00 = 84.50
85.00/4.00 = 92.50

my scores:
94.10/2.58 = 79.34 (current gpa)

94.10/2.69 = 80.64 (cr, cr, cr, cr)
94.10/2.81 = 82.21 (cr, cr, d, d)
94.10/2.94 = 83.77 (d, d, d, d)

thats it! really need some d's to give me a good chance. simple as that.

this is kinda exciting :p

edit: iwannarock, we should swap? :D

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
all the people that made it:
UAI/GPA
85.00/3.15 = 81.88
94.00/3.00 = 84.50
85.00/4.00 = 92.50
Hmm, there seems a big discrepency... That's odd.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its more to do with your GPA if im not mistaken

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Really? I have a uai of 86.15 and a (if i keep up my marks this semester in my exams) Gpa of 5.75 (I dunno if our gpa's are calculated the same, but I got hd/d/d/p first semester, and I predict hd/d/c/c this semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)