• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

transfer into law (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
Hmm, there seems a big discrepency... That's odd.
yeh its because the uai's dont change immensely, but the gpa (or the % change in the gpa) varies highly. eg - a 1 point change, from 3.00 to 4.00 is a change of 25%, which in turn will increase the 'final score' by 0.125

AsyLum said:
Its more to do with your GPA if im not mistaken
i am sure it has been mentioned here and when i spoke to the lady in w3a.620, she mentioned that they use 50-50 of uai and gpa (i am pretty sure of this, about a 97% confidence interval).

i am going to contact maggie liston (as advised) and get the low down. got my list of questions ready. :D

Not-That-Bright said:
Really? I have a uai of 86.15 and a (if i keep up my marks this semester in my exams) Gpa of 5.75 (I dunno if our gpa's are calculated the same, but I got hd/d/d/p first semester, and I predict hd/d/c/c this semester.
the mq gpa system works differently. and of course, your uni may have a different policy for transfers.

Last edited:

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Really? I have a uai of 86.15 and a (if i keep up my marks this semester in my exams) Gpa of 5.75 (I dunno if our gpa's are calculated the same, but I got hd/d/d/p first semester, and I predict hd/d/c/c this semester.
Hmm, our GPA system doesn't like you, because of your HDs. HDs at mac count for the same as a D.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Ohhh I getcha :eek:
I am also to understand that a D = 4 perhaps in your system?
yeah, cps of each unit x fail = 0, pc = 1, p = 2, c = 3, d & hd = 4 / number of total cps.

iwannarock

HSC
rhapsody11 said:
LOL. That attitude will get you nowhere in the legal world. You should be prepared to climb a mountain of wanna-be law students by clawing your way up with the tips of your fingernails.
well right now i don't really plan on going anywhere in the legal world. being a lawyer is my back up plan.

top priority now is to rock.

don't you see......... i wanna rock!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
so i went to maggie liston's office. w3a.531 and she wasnt there!!! but the kind lady next door opened up the door and looked for the purple/pink form. and alas, i got it. so if anyone is waiting on them, they are available!
due date is 11th jan. so got a bit of time to hand it in. need to give her a call about a few things still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)