Transfer into UTS Law? (1 Viewer)

sassquach

HSC
Hey, so I didn't do as well as I wanted to in my HSC, I got 94.95 in 2010, and I've studied design and UTS for 2 years with a D+ average. I want to transfer into law next year, and I was wondering if my marks were high enough to make me qualify? I've contacted UTS several times and they haven't given me a straight answer, which is all I need.

Also are my marks high enough to transfer externally to Combined Law at USyd or UNSW? (my guess is probably not but hey it was worth a shot to ask)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can't get straight answers because it's all dependent on whether there are spots available.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
its hard to say, but I think you'd have a chance with UTS law.. apply and find out

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
At USyd you need either a D or HD average to get into Law (I think it's D). Yay.

sassquach

HSC
should i change my preference to UWS where I have a more increased chance of doing law? i don't want to apply and get rejected and have to finish a degree i'm incredibly unhappy in, how should i order my preferences?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You order them in the order you most want them in. They're called 'preferences' for a reason...?

sassquach

HSC
You order them in the order you most want them in. They're called 'preferences' for a reason...?
I know that, but for example I want to get into Sydney but I don't have a good chance if getting in, as opposed to UWS, so do I even bother putting Sydney in as a preference? I know these are kinda basic questions but I don't wanna fuck up my chances of getting in

SunnyScience

HSC
Put Sydney first. The worst that happens is that you don't get accepted, and then you get your next preference and so on.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Put Sydney first. The worst that happens is that you don't get accepted, and then you get your next preference and so on.
^ exactly

If you put your UWS preference 1st, then how the hell will you know if you got into Sydney if you put it after? Again, it's preferences for a reason.

And you have nine of them.

Heck, I put Midwifery as my ninth preference for the lulz - so if I got an offer for that, I'd be like "oh okay :("

Nine is plenty.

sassquach

HSC
Sorry i'm literally an idiot I forgot how preferences work ignore everything I have said haha

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys, so some of you have been saying that Usyd requires a D or a HD to transfer into law (leaning onto HD). But would we be considering ATAR as well?

izzy88

HSC
Hey guys, so some of you have been saying that Usyd requires a D or a HD to transfer into law (leaning onto HD). But would we be considering ATAR as well?
From my understanding USYD law takes 50/50 atar and wam/gpa or 100% wam if it's higher. However it is generally recommended that you need at least an atar of 97 to be competitive and a D average. I would think if you are relying just on wam/gpa (ie your atar is below 97, you would probably need a high D average or close to HD. Of course it all just depends on how many people are applying and how many spots are available.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
you'll get into UWS pretty easy.
do it in preferences like all law students,
usyd first, then unsw, uts, macq, then uws.
also put in ANU second if you're up for that.

you have a good chance for UTS or Macq.
UWS is a given.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
if your WAM is better than you ATAR they just take your WAM but if your ATAR is better they take 50:50 after first year, 75:25 after second year and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)