Transfer to B Arts (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LOLs , I got 87 for FINS1613 and the final exam for that subject were all past exam questions.

See the past papers that, I think, Boom put up like 2 days before the final exam. Every question in the final except for about three , came from those papers he uploaded. LOLOLOL.

Also, I have heard that .
Dude, are you judging the quality of finance subjects from mere first year subjects? 87 is fantastic in FINS1613. Yes however, keep in mind that it can also be considered fairly mediocre considering your statement that "finance reuses past exams for all of their subjects. So it is easy as". Shouldn't you have scored 90+ at least with such statement of extreme confidence?

Now, back on the topic of this thread. I think it's a great idea to pursue something that you are genuinely interested in. In terms of job prospects, I am not sure if it is strong with Pure maths major or Arts but if you like those subjects for the sake of studying and getting good marks in, you should pursue life in Academics. I know that tutors at uni get paid heaps well. 75 bucks or something for head tutor? Absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

deterministic

HSC
I dunno, I think that's arguable. I agree the Finance thing will be good for getting a job, but then again - I dunno. The lectures bore me horribly and I'm not sure if I'd even accept a job in the Finance area after graduation - with those 'memories' from Finance at uni.

Besides, I can communicate well, and I'm not completely sheltered and anti-social so... I'll make up for it that way! hehehe

And I won't be a Statistician at ABS because my major is in Pure Maths. And if I become a tutor, well... let's reserve how to be a good tutor until then.
You don't really learn much about finance in uni purely because its not really a traditional academic subject like maths, sciences, arts. So what you learn in finance at uni doesn't reflect truly what working in the finance industry is like. You learn the most about finance through actually working in the markets and those who have genuine interest in finance usually derived it from actively trading in the stock markets.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You don't really learn much about finance in uni purely because its not really a traditional academic subject like maths, sciences, arts. So what you learn in finance at uni doesn't reflect truly what working in the finance industry is like. You learn the most about finance through actually working in the markets and those who have genuine interest in finance usually derived it from actively trading in the stock markets.
That's what I was thinking, so if - God forbid - I was offered a job in finance later on, I could learn it on the job anyway. Right?

Follow your dreams, Shadowdude! :)
Let's see how it goes first.

Dude, are you judging the quality of finance subjects from mere first year subjects? 87 is fantastic in FINS1613. Yes however, keep in mind that it can also be considered fairly mediocre considering your statement that "finance reuses past exams for all of their subjects. So it is easy as". Shouldn't you have scored 90+ at least with such statement of extreme confidence?

Now, back on the topic of this thread. I think it's a great idea to pursue something that you are genuinely interested in. In terms of job prospects, I am not sure if it is strong with Pure maths major or Arts but if you like those subjects for the sake of studying and getting good marks in, you should pursue life in Academics. I know that tutors at uni get paid heaps well. 75 bucks or something for head tutor? Absolutely amazing.
Academia? Yeah, it's a possibility. But I have to keep my maths marks up there and I kinda think my marks so far have been a bit fluke-y. Or maybe I just don't know I'm that good at maths... who knows.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
Can you give me a run through of what commerce is? Im considering doing it

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Commerce... is business stuff. Economics, business, management, marketing, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)