Transfering And Such... (1 Viewer)

manutd8

HSC
Which building do i go to if i want to transfer to law?

X

xeuyrawp

i got an ATAR of 81 and most like will end up with a credit average after 1 year. so no chance?
I have absolutely no idea exactly what your chances are, and anybody who tells you are either misinformed or lying.

You obviously stand a better chance than someone with an ATAR of 71 and a P average, but worse than someone with an ATAR of 91 and a D average. Just try your best and apply. Try to make the application itself good: Think about getting some work experience in law (perhaps a reference) and getting as good grades as possible. Ie, worry about the whole application.

There's nothing else you can do. /shrug

Flying_Penis

Banned
HSC
I have absolutely no idea exactly what your chances are, and anybody who tells you are either misinformed or lying.

You obviously stand a better chance than someone with an ATAR of 71 and a P average, but worse than someone with an ATAR of 91 and a D average. Just try your best and apply. Try to make the application itself good: Think about getting some work experience in law (perhaps a reference) and getting as good grades as possible.

There's nothing else you can do. /shrug
I got 4 RDX infractions, so much better than your crappy infractions.

X

xeuyrawp

they let anyone into law at macquarie.

good luck.
^ This, essentially.

Something to note is that you should apply through both UAC and internally.
Flying_Penis said:
I got 4 RDX infractions, so much better than your crappy infractions.
What are you talking about?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
So which one is a good choice 4 a LLB?
As it has been said you can do a search, keep in mind that a lot of what you will read will be biased (i.e. by people who go there like me) or will be some one mouthing off about what their dad's cousins brother who actually knows nothing about UWS/MQ told them, comments by trolls and HSC kids who know nothing about uni.

If you want to get the best answer to that question ask relevant objective questions like:
*Differences in class sizes
*Differences in elective choices/number of them (this you can find out yourself on the uni sites)
*The style of teaching (and think about if you want practical/theoretical, more focus on lectures/tutes, how you like to be taught)
*differences in the extra cirricular activities (i.e. how active are the law societies)
*Who the teaching staff are and backgrounds (this is usually on the website)
*Funding
*and anything else relevant to what you want out of the degree.

Ultimately I would apply for both just in case, I think for MQ its internal and UWS it would be a UAC app, if you get both then you can decide.

blackrider89

HSC
These are really relative questions and have literally hundreds of threads about them in the Law section of this website, check it out.
Oh I know how to find a good one (of course it may not be 100% accurate, like what I feel about the Professional Accounting course at MQ now; I did lot of searching and I still think 4 Accounting MQ is not a bad choice though). I just asked this question coz the guy talking above said both were shit and I personally don't like people just generalizing and talking shit about everything without pointing out their own idea(s).
Get me?

HSC
Taken from the site:

HOW WELL DO I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO TRANSFER INTERNALLY INTO LAW (THE"MACQUARIE PRIVILEGE")

"As a guide, you will need a UAI of 90 and obtain a Distinction average in first year.
To rank you we take half of your UAI and half of your grade point average. Excellent grades in first year may overcome a lower UAI. We then take around 30 students.
You can apply in your second year at Macquarie (but can be done in your third year)."

Same on current law site although the UAI cutoff of 90 has changed to 92 ATAR (most universities are quite anal about ATARs - USYD law transfers need 96, and UNSW need 97). This is worth 50%, and the other half comes from G.P.A - i.e. Distinction average. You also need 18 credit points, and if you do get selected, you'll be put into LAW 115 and LAW 109 and have to do really well in these to transfer. It's not a quick and easy process - which explains why all the transfers in my tutorials are a bit older!

With an ATAR of 81, I suppose a High Dictinction G.P.A might suffice, although I think there's more chance just going into the Graduate Law Program. Also, if you really wanted to do Law, you could've gone to UWS and gotten 10 bonus points like a friend of mine. Then you'd have enough to do law there.

Nikki19

HSC
macq uni is below UWS isn't it?

both are shit anyway
No UWS is ranked lower..Macquarie is ranked just under UNSW...

dude do some research before you say crap like that...

i bet you haven't even studied at Macquarie...hold on you probably couldn't get in if you tried :rofl:

Kralex

HSC
I know its been answered but in case someone else needs re-assurance:

My family friend got an ATAR of 80, did commerce, HD's all year and easily transferred into law.

Kralex

HSC

My family friend got an ATAR of 80, did commerce, HD's all year and easily transferred into law.

HSC

This is most likely for graduate law, not combined law, and even if it was, good law schools like UNSW, USYD etc. are pretty anal about ATARS, so I'm guessing that'll be at UWS, or UoW or something alike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)