Transfering from Commerce/law to Commerce (international) (1 Viewer)

S.T.P

HSC
hey, im a first year commerce/law student at unsw and im looking to transfer to comm international, as i dont think law is for me. What is the best way to do this, The ASB lady says to continue with law and comm till the end of the year, but i dont see the point in doing the law subjects. The problem is i got into law using the AAA award, with a UAI of 96.5, which is under the entry requirement even for Comm (International)
Advice would be great. Thanks.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
hey, im a first year commerce/law student at unsw and im looking to transfer to comm international, as i dont think law is for me. What is the best way to do this, The ASB lady says to continue with law and comm till the end of the year, but i dont see the point in doing the law subjects. The problem is i got into law using the AAA award, with a UAI of 96.5, which is under the entry requirement even for Comm (International)
Advice would be great. Thanks.
Oh wow... so many of you first years thinking of dropping law already. I already know 4 people wanting to drop at the moment, this makes you number 5. Was it the Court Report marking?? Or is it the workload/reading??

Anyway back to your original question. You might want to talk to Student Services on Level 2 of the Law Building, as combined law students are looked after by the Law Faculty. They will probably guide you in the right direction. Most likely you'll end up having to go to Student Central for credit transfers, and applying to UAC again in order to change degrees.

Hang in there young one. It will get better in second semester. That's when we actually start to tackle REAL law. Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
TehAzner

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
STP, hang on for one more yr like me!

Just out of curiosity, why dont you think law is for you, if you don't mind sharing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)