Transfering to Combined Law (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
Im currently a student at UTS studying B.Business. My UAI was 92.20 and I will have completed 4 subjects by time i want to transfer.

What mark do I need to average to get into B.Com/LLB...
Also Im doing a Management and Marketing subject, will this be included in exemptions...

is a roflcopter
HSC
i would think a HD average?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
L ex L egum B accalaureus.

Like the MB/BS degree appointment in medicine, the law degree traces back to latin origins and has never abandoned them.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with Newbie, you'll need straight HD's this year to have any chance against those 98'ers who just missed out from last year's yr12.

a_person86

HSC
So I need a HD to get in, what about the single degree B.Commerce? What average would i need for that?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
011 said:
i beg to differ...

i would respectfully submit that LL is simply the pluralistic abbreviation of Laws, just as we use pp for pages and JJ for Justices.

in my opinion the threadstarter has a better chance of transferring to BBus/LLB at UTS, since they also take into account the Personal Statement.

also: if you're hell-bent on transferring, MPO and Marketing won't count (unless you do a Marketing major for Commerce). my advice is swap Marketing in second sem for BIA, which counts toward QMB at UNSW.

Last edited:

a_person86

HSC
Thanks Frigid, Ive considered doing the double at UTS as well...

Also if i do BIA at UTS, i doubt i will end up with my D average.... people have told that BIA is much harder as oppose to Marketing foundations...

I was just curious about what i would need if i decided to go to UNSW...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
a_person86 said:
Thanks Frigid, Ive considered doing the double at UTS as well...

Also if i do BIA at UTS, i doubt i will end up with my D average.... people have told that BIA is much harder as oppose to Marketing foundations...

I was just curious about what i would need if i decided to go to UNSW...
BIA aint that hard. i didn't do Marketing so i cannot compare, but apparently in Marketing there's major group assignment and you can get placed in a crappy group so yeah :(

i was in BBus/LLB and i transferred into BCom/LLB with a NRSL of 96 flat.

a_person86

HSC
Whats NRSL mean... and the 96

Ive already done Managing People and Organisations... can i just count that as an elective?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
a_person86 said:
Whats NRSL mean... and the 96

Ive already done Managing People and Organisations... can i just count that as an elective?
There is a specific thread that answers transfer-related questions which may be of use: Law FAQ: Transfers

Frigid said:
i beg to differ...

i would respectfully submit that LL is simply the pluralistic abbreviation of Laws, just as we use pp for pages and JJ for Justices.

011 said:

Like the MB/BS degree appointment in medicine, the law degree traces back to latin origins and has never abandoned them.
You're both half right

LL.B. is an abbreviation of Legum Baccalaureus, which is latin for Bachelor of Laws. The "LL" is an abbreviation of the plural legum (latin for "of laws").

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
a_person86 said:
So I need a HD to get in, what about the single degree B.Commerce? What average would i need for that?
With ur UAI of 92.20
A High credit average - trust me, from experience ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)