transferring from uws to uts engineering (1 Viewer)

schand96

HSC
So i need some help/advice.

I would like to transfer to UTS/USYD engineering. I am 1st year at UWS currently. My 1st sem went pretty decent. got a GPA of 5.5. i did all 4 subjects/units. Now 2nd semester i am struggling with 1 subject/unit which i don't like other 3 subjects/units are going great but i am considering on dropping that one unit/subject before the census date as i feel it was destroy my GPA for the present moment if i fail (as i am falling behind). What i wanted to know was, will not doing one subject/unit in my first year hurt my chances of transferring to another uni like UTS or USYD I know other unis say that you need to complete 12 months full time, but is there a amount of particular units you need to complete to be eligible for transfer or etc???

Would be grateful if anyone could give me a hand.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
So i need some help/advice.

I would like to transfer to UTS/USYD engineering. I am 1st year at UWS currently. My 1st sem went pretty decent. got a GPA of 5.5. i did all 4 subjects/units. Now 2nd semester i am struggling with 1 subject/unit which i don't like other 3 subjects/units are going great but i am considering on dropping that one unit/subject before the census date as i feel it was destroy my GPA for the present moment if i fail (as i am falling behind). What i wanted to know was, will not doing one subject/unit in my first year hurt my chances of transferring to another uni like UTS or USYD I know other unis say that you need to complete 12 months full time, but is there a amount of particular units you need to complete to be eligible for transfer or etc???

Would be grateful if anyone could give me a hand.
Full time is classified as at least 3 full subjects worth of credit points per semester. If you drop one subject, you should be fine for transferring.

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
Full time is classified as at least 3 full subjects worth of credit points per semester. If you drop one subject, you should be fine for transferring.
NO. At USYD you must do 48 credit points to transfer (One year full time equivalent - 8 subjects). If you were to do 7 subjects within the 1 year, that would be 42 credit points and hence you would not be able to apply at USYD. Full time equivalent, for the purposes of transfer, is classified as 48 credit points (or 8 subjects). So I think, though not completely sure (call UAC or the unis for this or anyone else clarify me on this part) you can do the other subject next semester and then you would have done 1 year full time equivalent, regardless of the study time frame and then be able to apply everywhere using university results.

The only uni which doesn't require 48 credit points( 8 subjects) is UNSW, where you only have to do a minimum of 6 subjects to transfer to any degree there.

So to the OP, research each uni's individual requirements.

Last edited:

schand96

HSC
NO. At USYD you must do 48 credit points to transfer (One year full time equivalent - 8 subjects). If you were to do 7 subjects within the 1 year, that would be 42 credit points and hence you would not be able to apply at USYD. Full time equivalent, for the purposes of transfer, is classified as 48 credit points (or 8 subjects). So I think, though not completely sure (call UAC or the unis for this or anyone else clarify me on this part) you can do the other subject next semester and then you would have done 1 year full time equivalent, regardless of the study time frame and then be able to apply everywhere using university results.

The only uni which doesn't require 48 credit points( 8 subjects) is UNSW, where you only have to do a minimum of 6 subjects to transfer to any degree there.

So to the OP, research each uni's individual requirements.
okay thanks but what about UTS then? Any ideas on that? On their website it doesnt say much

schand96

HSC
i heard that's applicable for unsw, do you know if that applicable for UTS?

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
It says 1 year FTE. What I understand is that you would have done 7 subjects by the end of the year. Therefore you would not be able to apply on the basis of tertiary results at the end of this year. You would have to do just 1 more subject next semester and can then apply to UTS next year after having done the 1 subject to get 8 subjects done.

If you're looking to maximise your marks, I would HIGHLY advise you to drop the difficult subject, do 7 subjects this year., and do only 1 subject next semester. Get as high as you can in that 1 subject next semester, and then apply for entry into semester 2 2016.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)