Transferring into unsw med sci ?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering which would be the easiest route to get into unsw med sci - transferring internally, doing a B. Science or Health Sci at usyd or a B. Science majoring in medical science at UTS? Has anyone actually transferred into med sci...because on the internal program transfer page on the UNSW website it doesn't have medical science as an option for internal transfer?

ANY HELP about transferring into med sci would be greatly appreciated !!

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would probably recommend not doing health science at usyd if you want to get into med science purely because they're actually completely different degrees. A bachelor of health science if more for those people wanting to transfer into courses such as physio, speech path, exercise phys, etc
Whereas if you did a science degree, you could do similar subjects to medical science and apply for credit for those subjects (meaning you won't have to do those subjects again)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
That's weird. I thought I saw medical science in UNSW's IPT website earlier this year... I would find a contact on that website and phone/email them inquiring about that. It said you need a transfer WAM of 75 if I recall correctly. But I agree with madharris, you should do something like a bachelor of science and select subjects that overlap with the medical science degree.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
yep I have and they just said that when transferring they take into account 75% of your uni marks and 25% atar. They didn't really suggest which course I should do that would be most advantageous.
I think a bachelor of science or advanced science and select courses that u can use for credit transfer so that u won't have to start from scratch when u transfer into medical science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)