If i get in theres a problem:

First semester
ECON200
LAW 104

Second Semester
ECON210
ECON201
LAW114

Since this is 2nd year, LAW203 LAW204 LAW205 LAW206 are suppose to be done, problem is, I cant since LAWW114 and LAW104 are pre-requisites, unless they make them co-requisite....then it would be some major work...

Smoking Squirrel suggested 4 x 4 CP per semester maybe a way of catchup, thats alot of work...

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:
Since this is 2nd year, LAW203 LAW204 LAW205 LAW206 are suppose to be done, problem is, I cant since LAWW114 and LAW104 are pre-requisites, unless they make them co-requisite....then it would be some major work...
What?

Just because you're second year doesn't mean that you have to do 2nd-year LAW subjects? That is unless your intended combined degree requires them... What are you transferring to exactly? BEco / LLB?

If so, you look fine -- the LAW units and the ECO units don't interact; ie, you don't need to do 2nd-year LAW units to continue with your degree...

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
Tabris, if you get in through the quota system, they won't let you do 200 level law units as co-requisites with the first year ones.

In terms of your time table, just take up electives for the econ component. You should be fine... Don't worry until you have to.

somborac

HSC
i applied to transfer internally to B Commerce, which sais u need a GPA of 2.0. now i dont know weather u r talking about this or something else. coz the policy requirments doesnt mention any UAI's or cover letters. It sais at least 12 credit points and a Gpa of 2.0. Which i fullfill, when do we find out weather we were successfull

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
somborac said:
i applied to transfer internally to B Commerce, which sais u need a GPA of 2.0. now i dont know weather u r talking about this or something else. coz the policy requirments doesnt mention any UAI's or cover letters. It sais at least 12 credit points and a Gpa of 2.0. Which i fullfill, when do we find out weather we were successfull
man i was seriously not reading :S or drunk or something, if you're applying through UAC, you'll find out through the offers, if not then you'll find out soon

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
somborac said:
don't think u will ... your in

X

xeuyrawp

clairegirl said:
don't think u will ... your in
I think that's right -- if you automatically fulfil the requirements, you're automatically in. I would expect a student to get a letter, though. What does e-student say?

Tabris

HSC
I just mailed the transfer form, the final exams and the long period of no writing has reduce my handwritting quite abit...(a few blobs of liquid paper here and there)

So they take my GPA and UAI and cut both in half, add them and rank usm nothing else? I hope they dont factor in my reasoning page, and rank us using that as well....

I certainly hope they dont check we dotted every i and crossed every t and fully evaluate what kind of person we are from our handwritting...

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:
I certainly hope they dont check we dotted every i and crossed every t and fully evaluate what kind of person we are from our handwritting...
Luckily I can have very neat handwriting if I force myself to. I just need to pace myself!

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
I went and dropped in my application today... I don't trust Australia post... what if someone goes postal and loses my application... then I'm doomed to live the life of an accountant... lol

We should know if we're in by the 20th January. As we have until the 27th to enrol in units, there should be no problem with enrolment. I was told that a waiver would be put through around the 23rd or so to allow non-law course students accepted by the quota into the first year law units only. Any others will be knocked back.

Tabris

HSC
I am in, Maggie just phoned me, i made it into the quota, looks like Bcom/LLB

She said the paper work is going through, and i will be able to enrol on the 20th.

X

xeuyrawp

All I need now is a law buddy. :D

squirrel said:
Well done... I got the same call this avo.

Just gotta wait and see if UAC gives me a better offer in the next few days.
What's the better offer?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
PwarYuex said:
All I need now is a law buddy. :D

What's the better offer?
uac is better because hten you'll be enrolled in the law degree and not just in a quota to do law subjects...

X

xeuyrawp

Supra said:
uac is better because hten you'll be enrolled in the law degree and not just in a quota to do law subjects...
6 of one, half a dozen of another?

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
In a nut shell, the quota has lots of restrictions...

opening up that nut shell... the quota only allows you to do the first two law subjects. After that, provided you pass, you're in the law course and you can do any law units and fail as many as you want. However, if you fail either (or get lower than a P is more accurate), then you're out with no chance of getting another shot at it.

Alternatively, if I get in through UAC, I'm basically in the law course already and I can take up 2nd yr law units such as torts, contracts and criminal as co-requisites. As I only have 3 more subjects for my B-com- Accounting course, this is clearly the best option (in my position).

X

xeuyrawp

Smokin'Squirrel said:
In a nut shell, the quota has lots of restrictions...

opening up that nut shell... the quota only allows you to do the first two law subjects. After that, provided you pass, you're in the law course and you can do any law units and fail as many as you want. However, if you fail either (or get lower than a P is more accurate), then you're out with no chance of getting another shot at it.
If you're getting less than a P in LAW114 or 104, maybe law isn't for you?

Alternatively, if I get in through UAC, I'm basically in the law course already and I can take up 2nd yr law units such as torts, contracts and criminal as co-requisites. As I only have 3 more subjects for my B-com- Accounting course, this is clearly the best option (in my position).
If you got in through UAC, you can't do 2nd year law units any faster than if you got through the quota. All the 200 level LAW units require you to have done the 104/114 pair. Except for LAW205 - Criminal Law and Procedure I, which requires you to have only chosen one -- however, since this unit is first semester, and requires you to have done one unit, you may as well do the 104/114 pair.

Didn't you look at the handbook?
http://handbook.mq.edu.au/unit.php?edition=2006&unitCode=LAW205

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)