Transport advice for UNSW (1 Viewer)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
You can get one in the arc store in the quad(and probably one or 2 other places too). You'll need a brown travel 10($12, increased recently from 11.50(?):mad:) to get from central to uni

Vylen

HSC
there's also a small newsagency along the row of shops in front of central along eddy ave exit where you can buy them...

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
You can get them at most newsagents and 7/11s and stuff. Some convenience stores even have a little sign out the front indicated they sell them.

HSC
also the uni newsagents sell them

theres always inspectors in the first few weeks, so guys if youre thinking of forgetting to buy a ticket, now isnt a time to forget! ive seen so many asians get busted cause they dont realise hte bus is free, that or they're tight asses

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
also the uni newsagents sell them

theres always inspectors in the first few weeks, so guys if youre thinking of forgetting to buy a ticket, now isnt a time to forget! ive seen so many asians get busted cause they dont realise hte bus is free, that or they're tight asses
You mean they don't realise the bus is NOT free? Also i thought you drove?

In any case, cool stereotype hansel (i'm not challenging its veracity). Here, have a kebab.

HSC
Bobness said:
You mean they don't realise the bus is NOT free? Also i thought you drove?

In any case, cool stereotype hansel (i'm not challenging its veracity). Here, have a kebab.
i do, but last year my car was out of action for a month at the panel beaters

kebabs r cool. and also, i dont drive cause i think im cool. i drive because im a 10minute drive to the closest train station, plus an 30min from mortdale to central, then 15min from central to randwick (not assuming i have to wait for train or bus). thats almost 1hr, or i can drive and it takes me 40min guarantee'd, i dont care about trains, when i lost my license i was using them for ages it just takes longer, its not like i live next to a train station

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
LOL Don't even bother driving. Most of the streets round UNSW are on time limits. And YES there are inspectors who check vehicles.

I'm not sure if any of the first year Uni students know, but you can also buy Travel Tens from City Rail (at the windows) not the machines. Just show them your concession card, OR UNSW Card (which has the little circle at the top right).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
^emmie^ said:
if i get the travel pass how do u use it on the bus like i went the other day and i dont get it like i seen ppl putting tickets into a green box outside (at bus station) and some on the bus in the green box i didnt have one when i went i just paid but i was just wondering for when i start
just insert the ticket into the green box; it'll start whirring to life; and then it'll spit itback outat you. just makesure you put it in correctly though; people get pissed off if you take too long... lol.

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
I just hate it when my hand wanders waiting for the slow-ass pos to eject so my thumb bumps it making it go in a second time because I'm half asleep

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
disko said:
I just hate it when my hand wanders waiting for the slow-ass pos to eject so my thumb bumps it making it go in a second time because I'm half asleep
hahaha I've experienced that as well lawl.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
ROFL! Yeah happens when you're either half asleep or ppl push from behind.

But its easy, just talk to the bus driver when you return to central, and he'll let you on without dipping. Although you can easily pull this stunt everytime, I still like being honest.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
TravelTens can be purchased from train stations.
To travel to UNSW, ask for a Brown TravelTen which goes 3 - 5 sections and costs $12 concession.

Last edited:
HSC
Rekkusu said:
LOL Don't even bother driving. Most of the streets round UNSW are on time limits. And YES there are inspectors who check vehicles.

I'm not sure if any of the first year Uni students know, but you can also buy Travel Tens from City Rail (at the windows) not the machines. Just show them your concession card, OR UNSW Card (which has the little circle at the top right).
i have onsite parking because im staff as well as student :) and even if i didn't, id just park 5-10min walk i dont mind walking. its not _that_ far.

Pace_T

HSC
Casmira said:
i have onsite parking because im staff as well as student :)
me too!! yay. if you go to uni 5 days a week, the parking on the top level can be pretty pricey :/

what-for?

HSC
is there a ticket where you can use both train and bus to travel to UNSW but it is only valid for one day? i think there's something called the DayTripper? just wanted to make sure that it is valid for travel to UNSW.

does anyone know?

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
what-for? said:
is there a ticket where you can use both train and bus to travel to UNSW but it is only valid for one day? i think there's something called the DayTripper? just wanted to make sure that it is valid for travel to UNSW.

does anyone know?
Yeah there is the day tripper- http://www.cityrail.info/fares/leisure_tickets.jsp but it seems its not worth it if you're just using for both bus trips and the train ride.

Last edited:

what-for?

HSC
thanks

does that mean we can use the daytripper on the 891 express buses too?

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Omium said:
We can buy the train and bus travel passses from the train station rite?
yep, you gotta buy the correct one depending on where you're traveling from

what-for? said:
does that mean we can use the daytripper on the 891 express buses too?
yep I think so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)