tre iphone released in AU July 11 (1 Viewer)

dey-tuk-re-jobz

cute mc-Cat-ney
HSC
Re: tre iphone released in AU tomorrow, 9am.

oh fuck. i was worried there for a second. thanks fagtard!

edit: some modfag should change the title - if they can delete threads, they can change titles.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Probably. Looks like you can pre-order it from optus.

Will wait til plan details come out, but if it's <$400 outright I'm buying.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Until then... DS

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

"A joint statement released by Apple and Vodafone says that the 3G iPhone will be available on both prepay and contract price plans.

Vodafone says it will let would-be customers pre-register for the phone on its website "in the next few days''"

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
If it's not going to be over $199 US anywhere in the world, Maybe they'll just set it at $199 here? $210 seems an unusual pricepoint.

Outright 400 seems about right, though if it's much cheaper on prepaid I might just get that with vodafone and use it as a second service. I guess the data prices would be awful on prepaid though.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
dieburndie said:
If it's not going to be over $199 US anywhere in the world, Maybe they'll just set it at $199 here? $210 seems an unusual pricepoint.

Outright 400 seems about right, though if it's much cheaper on prepaid I might just get that with vodafone and use it as a second service. I guess the data prices would be awful on prepaid though.
With Optus' prepaid turbocharge, for $50 you get $370 worth of calls/sms and 100mb data per month.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
uh pretty sure it won't be available outright, at least for $199 or whatever. why the fuck would they charge significantly less than the ipod touch when it has heaps more functionality? imo 199 will be the carrier subsidised price. whether or not the phone will be offered free with a plan is up to the networks i guess?

quik.

HSC
$199 is the price when you buy it with the 2 year contract in the USofA.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i think i'd have to agree and say that the US$199 (or AU$ equivalent) is a price subsidised by the phone companies. In effect, they're the ones buying the phone off apple and they'll make up the difference through the plans etc.
I'm expecting the prepaid phone to be significantly more expensive than the phone price on a plan.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
As a side note most overseas versions of phones can't be used in Australia (blame telstra) so I wouldn't recommend anyone import the iPhone from America if you're thinking of it.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
ATM i'm on 3 but coverage is extremely poor and i was looking at virgin because they're reasonably priced and i dont use my phone that much. i definitely dont need to use 3G to search the internet so i dont want to pay for that.
I just wanna know if i can get a phone from optus/vodaphone and take it to virgin.

and before people say "if you dont use ur phone that much why do you want an iphone" i'm just gunna say, i want to combine my ipod touch with my phone so i have one less thing to carry around.

EDIT: is facepalm the LOLCAT of 2008?

sarah.maddison

HSC
jumb said:
As a side note most overseas versions of phones can't be used in Australia (blame telstra) so I wouldn't recommend anyone import the iPhone from America if you're thinking of it.
Dan has already refuted this, but I will actually agree with the part I have bolded - just yesterday I had a $500 overdue vodafone bill reduced to a -$25 balance because the EDGE iPhone connects to gprs, even when on wifi. Suffice it to say, had it not been for this article, I would have probably defaulted in the coming weeks.

In short, if you import one of the original models, turn off EDGE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)