Treatment of POWs (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
I don't know if i went to ur school or not, but what was the teachers name?
The school is EHGTHS (I remember because u knew pascoe and spooner) and i will not name names.....however now that i think about it i think she was just trying to not be bias...

Anyhow i knew somebody was going to bring up the beheading of the American soldier.....what those Iraqis did was bloody wrong....this is the retailiation towards the Americans for the torture etc inflicted upon the the Iraqis in Abu Ghraib....

Seriously i though you were going to say "...one soldier, so what?..." Guess i was wrong

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
At least the americans don't decappitate their pows...
you fight fire with fire , thats what happens

both sides are at fault
Too bad you cant see this ...

BTW: I'm not trying to say they were doing the right thing or something. They weren't. But these things happen in war.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
That photo on the front of the Herald today was just not needed. I think it's good that someone is trying to expose the wrongs of the military, but somethings don't need to be seen by the public.
what? that's stupid! but i'm too tired to construct an argument. (this being my, erm... 33rd hour without sleep). people should see stuff. and stuff.

It's the Herald, what do you expect? The Herald would publish a front page photograph of John Howard's penis if they could make up a story to go with it.

Originally posted by astro
what those Iraqis did was bloody wrong....this is the retailiation towards the Americans for the torture etc inflicted upon the the Iraqis in Abu Ghraib....
No it's not. Daniel Pearl.

astro

HSC
The front page photos of the Herald are a really graphic....i they do a good job getting reader's attention

You're telling me a picture of the Prime Minister's penis don't get a good idea of grabbing the reader's attention?

Why don't, for next election, we have a large picture of Amanda Vanstone's breasts on the front page, just to grab reader attention?

Alexander

Gold Member
The point is that the one justification for war (as wmd not found) was to liberate and civilise Iraq. Now that too has been undermined.
But yeah, of course this stuff happens in war...i think you could compare it with some of the rubbish u.s. rednecks flooded on the net after s11 about the middle east though.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
oh goody. the fun never stops. a copy of what appears to be the full taguba report:

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/taguba.pdf

it's worth reading, or at least skimming over.
(found it through agonist.org and indymedia.org)

6. (S) I find that the intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included the following acts:

a. (S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet;

b. (S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees;

c. (S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing;

d. (S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time;

e. (S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear womens underwear;

f. (S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped;

g. (S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them;

h. (S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;

i. (S) Writing I am a Rapest (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;

j. (S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainees neck and having a female Soldier pose for a picture;

k. (S) A male MP guard having sex with a female detainee;

l. (S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;

m. (S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

8. (U) In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses (ANNEX 26):

a. (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees;

b. (U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;

c. (U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;

d. (U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair;

e. (U) Threatening male detainees with rape;

f. (U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell;

g. (U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick.

h. (U) Using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.

stamos

sellout
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Why don't, for next election, we have a large picture of Amanda Vanstone's breasts on the front page, just to grab reader attention?
wouldn't fit

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
You're telling me a picture of the Prime Minister's penis don't get a good idea of grabbing the reader's attention?
No!!!!!!
does anyone even have a photo of his penis????
they don't show nudy pics on the front!!!!!

In the iraqi photos their asses were blurred!!!!!!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
POW's on both sides. They're all bloody barbarians, and now they've started the whole revenge thing, this is going to blow up even worse than it already is.. if that's possible.

joshhopp

HSC
I WOULD ASK YOU TO CONSIDER THE FUCKING FACT THE UNITED STATES ARE LIBERATING THE IRAQI PEOPLE FROM A MENACE: HUSSIEN AND HIS PARTY COMMITTED MASS MURDER AGAINST THEIR OWN PEOPLE. HE ACTIVLEY PROMOTED AND REWARDED TERRORISM AGAINST ISRAEL. THE POW ISSUE IS AN UNFORTUNATE MANIFESTATION OF THE EFFECT THE CONFLICT IS HAVING ON US SOLDIERS. THEY ARE BEING FORCED TO FIGHT A FEW ISOLATED FILTHY SAVAGES IN ORDER TO DO THEIR JOB: AND THEIR JOB IS A HUMANITARIAN ONE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU MIGHT THINK. THE US INVASION IS A HUMANITARIAN ACTION.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
it sucks when your CAPS-Lock key gets stuck :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)