HSC
N/A
I just got mentally raped by ancient.
Difficulty was outrageous.

I'll be in the corner. :'(

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I'd be happy with a pass - the hardest paper I've seen/done for ancient. all the questions were specific

sigh.

Next exam: Modern history

Hopefully not as difficult as ancient.

Going to take today off and chill

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Dem bags under my eyes

Studied at school between 8:30 and 5:00 (minus 1 hour for lunch and distractions).

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Not my mate

He's at school every day between 7:30 and 5:30 when they kick him out

He did his chem exam today

He got here at 7:30

Did Chem between 9-12

Studied the rest of the day

During that he helped out Year 11 Extension 1 maths by doing their test in 40 minutes and getting 100% where Year 11's top mark was around 65% and took 1 hour

Gunning for Dux this kid.

I'm just the tryhard who is crap at maths and is gunning for a top 3 spot if he's lucky

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Not my mate

He's at school every day between 7:30 and 5:30 when they kick him out

He did his chem exam today

He got here at 7:30

Did Chem between 9-12

Studied the rest of the day

During that he helped out Year 11 Extension 1 maths by doing their test in 40 minutes and getting 100% where Year 11's top mark was around 65% and took 1 hour

Gunning for Dux this kid.

I'm just the tryhard who is crap at maths and is gunning for a top 3 spot if he's lucky
inb4staterank?

LouiseBrown1

HSC
This is a little bit irrelevant but I am new to this sit and I'm not 100% sure how to use it. I need some help with a legal studies question and was hoping to get a few responses to help me out.
"Examine the range of different methods of consumer redress and remedies available and evaluate the effectiveness of these in achieving justice for consumers"
I was hoping I could get some help in terms of where to start, what to look for etc.

Focus is Key

HSC
Yes!! Trials done, my second week was a million times better than my first week. CAFS and Ancient were so good (although a couple of the questions were a bit annoying). Extension 1 English questions were also good. As I expected Extension maths was hard but at least I think I passed it.

enoilgam

HSC
This is a little bit irrelevant but I am new to this sit and I'm not 100% sure how to use it. I need some help with a legal studies question and was hoping to get a few responses to help me out.
"Examine the range of different methods of consumer redress and remedies available and evaluate the effectiveness of these in achieving justice for consumers"
I was hoping I could get some help in terms of where to start, what to look for etc.
With an essay like this, you need to select thee or four methods of consumer redress/remedies and say which ones are effective/ineffective. If you have a few which are effective and ineffective, then your thesis can be something like "Overall, the methods of consumer redress/remedies are of mixed effectiveness". I would set it out like this:

Introduction: State your thesis and give a preview of what will be discussed (i.e. the methods selected).
Paragraph One: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 1.
Paragraph Two: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 2.
Paragraph Three: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 3.
Paragraph Four: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 4 (this one is optional, three points is enough).
Conclusion: Restate thesis and how the previous paragraphs support it.

Focus is Key

HSC
With an essay like this, you need to select thee or four methods of consumer redress/remedies and say which ones are effective/ineffective. If you have a few which are effective and ineffective, then your thesis can be something like "Overall, the methods of consumer redress/remedies are of mixed effectiveness". I would set it out like this:

Introduction: State your thesis and give a preview of what will be discussed (i.e. the methods selected).
Paragraph One: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 1.
Paragraph Two: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 2.
Paragraph Three: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 3.
Paragraph Four: Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer redress/remedies method 4 (this one is optional, three points is enough).
Conclusion: Restate thesis and how the previous paragraphs support it.
Our teacher gets angry when we don't make a judgement. She claims you have to be more for one side than the other, but you can still talk about positives and negatives.

lolwot

HSC
What's the optimum way to study for the CSSA Mathematics on Monday? I'm getting like 80-90/120, should I keep spamming past papers, or just purely focus on my weak areas?

Makematics

HSC
What's the optimum way to study for the CSSA Mathematics on Monday? I'm getting like 80-90/120, should I keep spamming past papers, or just purely focus on my weak areas?
are you losing marks cos u cant finish or time or cos u stuff up some areas. i say fix up weak areas for a bit and then pump out some PPs

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
inb4staterank?
He'll probably state rank maths (either MX1/2)

His worst subject is English and he's pretty good at that. He was ranked outside the top 10 before trails but he poured a lot of work into that.

Makematics

HSC
lol but then again, consider the fact that there are only 10/20 state ranks in most subjects and everyone who's first in any subject at any top 200 school thinks they have a shot at 1.

draconiansteam

HSC
Lost 6 marks in paper 1 already because I tried to do short answers last and ran out of time.. fuck

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Lost 6 marks in paper 1 already because I tried to do short answers last and ran out of time.. fuck
paper 1

creative jizz

essay jizz

short answer jizz

but question 5 of the short answer, the mini-essay, my conclusion was so sloppy because I wrote it in 30 seconds, still got out a solid 3 lines, but I know I'll at least lose a mark or two in q5

because I split 40/40/40 exactly

wrote 6 for creative + essay and 5 for short answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)