Trial harder then HSC? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No real difficulty difference between the trials and the actual HSC. Much of a muchness really.

killarahigh

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
our trials had harder questions and were marked harder
Hey i noticed you go to baulkham hills high.

Your trials are definitely not harder. Or at least not marked harder.

My sister graduated a couple of years back and just wrote her generic essays (she told me) and scored something like 19 for all her essays in english.

Maths is also really easy at good ol' baulko. I'm doing 2u now.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
yeah ive found trials harder at the mo. but still we've only done english so we could still get a really nasty paper.

HSC
killarahigh said:
Hey i noticed you go to baulkham hills high.

Your trials are definitely not harder. Or at least not marked harder.

My sister graduated a couple of years back and just wrote her generic essays (she told me) and scored something like 19 for all her essays in english.

Maths is also really easy at good ol' baulko. I'm doing 2u now.
the trials for the the subjects i do were harder and marked harder
ie history, legal, art

they also marked english a lot harder this year so our raw marks were low, but the marks are still good because everyone is so smart

maths 2u is easy because most of my grade does 4u, and that is insanely hard

a lot has changed in the last few years so maybe it was easier before, it definitely isn't now
either way we'll probably be back to top 2 this year

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
Trials were a hell of a lot harder.
English - "The medium is the message"
Maths - (*Tries to interpret Chinese*)

Fuck the CSSA

HSC
I am finding the HSC harder so far, even though I had all my trial exams in one week. Then again, I haven't done that much more preparation. :|

I will probably find the next few exams easier if I get some work done in the following days.

killarahigh

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
the trials for the the subjects i do were harder and marked harder
ie history, legal, art

they also marked english a lot harder this year so our raw marks were low, but the marks are still good because everyone is so smart

maths 2u is easy because most of my grade does 4u, and that is insanely hard

a lot has changed in the last few years so maybe it was easier before, it definitely isn't now
either way we'll probably be back to top 2 this year
I don't do 2unit at baulko. I am not even in my HSC year and can do it (at a school ranked lower than yours mind you).

Maths even 4unit has always been easy at baulko, try to compare your past papers with CSSA, Ruse, Sydney Boys etc. I am just stating facts from notes and exams i have seen. Nothing has changed in the last few years: my sister tutors baulko 08 and 09ers, and she tells me that they just reuse some questions / egs sometimes for english and maths.

I think you are prolly a little too obsessed with your school and its performance. From what i have seen from the work of my friends at tutoring, you'll probably stay 4th (or were you 5th in 2007?).

bomber650

HSC
Mmm...I worried more about the trials. Just don't give a fuck anymore. Trails were harder though...except maths. Trial maths was a walkover!

HSC
killarahigh said:
I don't do 2unit at baulko. I am not even in my HSC year and can do it (at a school ranked lower than yours mind you).

Maths even 4unit has always been easy at baulko, try to compare your past papers with CSSA, Ruse, Sydney Boys etc. I am just stating facts from notes and exams i have seen. Nothing has changed in the last few years: my sister tutors baulko 08 and 09ers, and she tells me that they just reuse some questions / egs sometimes for english and maths.

I think you are prolly a little too obsessed with your school and its performance. From what i have seen from the work of my friends at tutoring, you'll probably stay 4th (or were you 5th in 2007?).
that's great do you want a medal

a lot has changed this year in particular, i don't know about maths because i don't do it but english they definitely made it harder since it was the last year of the current syllabus

ofcourse i'm obsessed with my school's performance, it's the reason i go to baulko
you seem to have some vendetta against my school, meh i don't care

lionking1191

HSC
killarahigh said:

lol.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i loved the trials, hating the HSC more and more as i progress...
i think someone said before, i was 'meh' for the trials and it served me well, the actual thing and i cant concentrate!

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
i think its hard to question the merit of each exam because of the fact we do them....hmmm like think of it...obviosully your gonna study for 50% of your total mark more than say 15% (half of 30% which is usually trials)...i reckon teachers are in more a line to make a judgment but most will always have a prefrence of a topic and e.t.c

plus a test is only as hard as they mark it...

kwinnall

HSC
i reckon trials were harder based on the fact that we all had less preparation time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)