• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Performances (1 Viewer)

Nightsarah

HSC
How'd yours go?

I had mine last night, got my marks back today. Did pretty well.
25/30 for GP and 27/30 for IP.
I also got some good feedback.
Although for some reason I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

Anyway, please share how you went all you lovely performers! :guitar:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's quite normal to feel down after a performance. You'll almost always get the feeling you could have done something slightly better. Just let your marks reflect how you went, they're actually really good.

As for me, No Marks. At Uni :D

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Whenever I perform my monologue I feel pretty 'drained' after. Not sure about down, but definitely drained. That's what you get for choosing a heavy subject matter. I just hope it doesn't come across teenage angsty to the markers. It's not angsty in any way, or about suicide or depression, but it's still pretty heavy. Based on Robert Dessaix's 'Night Letters' if any of you have read it.

Anyway, good luck for the HSC, you'll do great :)

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
we had our drama night a week ago, havent gotten the marks back yet. our group performance did well, my ip not so well. My IP was the first performed straight after the groups, and i hated it even more so cos i was the first ot make a dickhead of myself by myself.
I wrote my ip and it was suppose to be a comical piece (hatter from wonderland) and no one really laughed, so i thought i was talking too fast, and i got nervous... and talked faster and when it came time for me to take my bow- i ran off stage and hid for the rest of the night.

people have made excuses as to why it wasnt recieved as funny as i thought it would be, but it just hit me really hard.

the day after i was tempted to change my piece even though i put so much time and effort into it. But i guess i just have to improve it more.

the only way is up. I guess i just have to wait for my results.

cassiecocaine

HSC
Yeah, we had ours last week too, it was such a great night, everyone had fun and I got so many compliments and hugs about my performances, I was so happy! My IP went well, as well as you could hope, but I stuffed up a line for group, I felt so disappointed about that.

But then we got the marks! 25/30 for IP, 29/30 for group! Not so bad :) I'll improve before the HSC.

Good luck to everyone else!

six demon bag

HSC
Whenever I perform my monologue I feel pretty 'drained' after. Not sure about down, but definitely drained. That's what you get for choosing a heavy subject matter. I just hope it doesn't come across teenage angsty to the markers. It's not angsty in any way, or about suicide or depression, but it's still pretty heavy. Based on Robert Dessaix's 'Night Letters' if any of you have read it.

Anyway, good luck for the HSC, you'll do great :)
Same. Mine's not even a super sad one but I feel like it takes a chunk out of my daily whim. It's mixed with other great feelings though :)

We did our trial performances today - I shall update when I recieve my mark!
G.P: I think we did pretty well but it was just kind of a blur
I.P: 15 seconds short of time! fuck! i'm not sure about my mark cos I barely even remember performing it, but i did it before the markers came to two teachers and they loved it, so hopefully it was okay. It's a beautiful script and it's fun to perform :D

six demon bag

HSC
we had our drama night a week ago, havent gotten the marks back yet. our group performance did well, my ip not so well. My IP was the first performed straight after the groups, and i hated it even more so cos i was the first ot make a dickhead of myself by myself.
I wrote my ip and it was suppose to be a comical piece (hatter from wonderland) and no one really laughed, so i thought i was talking too fast, and i got nervous... and talked faster and when it came time for me to take my bow- i ran off stage and hid for the rest of the night.

people have made excuses as to why it wasnt recieved as funny as i thought it would be, but it just hit me really hard.

the day after i was tempted to change my piece even though i put so much time and effort into it. But i guess i just have to improve it more.

the only way is up. I guess i just have to wait for my results.
That sucks heaps. Keep in mind that the audience might be hesitant to laugh if you're doing a performance so not to throw you off. It's a cool idea though, I'm sure it'll turn out well :)

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
That sucks heaps. Keep in mind that the audience might be hesitant to laugh if you're doing a performance so not to throw you off. It's a cool idea though, I'm sure it'll turn out well :)
thankyou, i hope yours turns out well also.
and everyone elses of course,
ip 24/30
gp25/30

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)