trials cancelled (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
what does everyone think about trials getting cancelled and replaced for assignments, it seems hella unfair to me. We've done like max two exams this entire year and everything else was assignments where ppls tutors just completed for them, hence theyre in such a good position now?? its really worrying tbh, as someone who performs much better at exams my ranks are fked since all we got were assignments, so dissapointed :(

hellohowslife

HSC
what does everyone think about trials getting cancelled and replaced for assignments, it seems hella unfair to me. We've done like max two exams this entire year and everything else was assignments where ppls tutors just completed for them, hence theyre in such a good position now?? its really worrying tbh, as someone who performs much better at exams my ranks are fked since all we got were assignments, so dissapointed :(
it sucks

vishnay

God
HSC
yes a lot of people share ur concern including myself as final exams are indeed my forte

unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it in these unprecedented times, we could possibly plead with nesa to increase the weighing of the hsc exam but that would be highly unlikely

if ur trials have been cancelled the best thing u can do as of now is study for ur upcoming hsc exams and complete ur new assignments to the best of ur ability

it is highly frustrating though considering trial exams can make a considerable difference to people's final ranks and marks (including making them go down) and can have a difference on ur atar

im sure the nsw government and nesa have already looked at this potential issue and hopefully nesa can help all of us in some way

stressedadfff

HSC
yes a lot of people share ur concern including myself as final exams are indeed my forte

unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it in these unprecedented times, we could possibly plead with nesa to increase the weighing of the hsc exam but that would be highly unlikely

if ur trials have been cancelled the best thing u can do as of now is study for ur upcoming hsc exams and complete ur new assignments to the best of ur ability

it is highly frustrating though considering trial exams can make a considerable difference to people's final ranks and marks (including making them go down) and can have a difference on ur atar

im sure the nsw government and nesa have already looked at this potential issue and hopefully nesa can help all of us in some way
it just hurts to think that all my effort could be given to someone who gives their tutor their assignment to complete, everythings so unfair and its like they dont even give a fk about their students wtf

stressedadfff

HSC
like come on hows someone that got 5/25 for an exam given such a push in their ranks by getting 25/25 for an assignment :(

zizi2003_

HSC
it's really unfair for people who actually put in effort to study and do better in exams
i was really disappointed to know theyve been moved online as well, whereas some of my other classmates who dont study were happy coz they get to cheat and some even use their older siblings who have already done their hsc to complete their assignment for them-

vishnay

God
HSC
like come on hows someone that got 5/25 for an exam given such a push in their ranks by getting 25/25 for an assignment :(
citing a very specific example here lol

it just hurts to think that all my effort could be given to someone who gives their tutor their assignment to complete, everythings so unfair and its like they dont even give a fk about their students wtf
im certain neither nesa nor the nsw gov want u and students like urself to feel this way and hopefully they come up with strategies to mitigate the adverse effects of cancelling trial exams

u have to remember though that trial exams arent a compulsion and many schools in the state dont actually conduct them

O01x

HSC
My 2 cents to trials being cancelled :

Fuck this shit, now ranks are so screwed across the school, we've only had 1 exam per subject and 2 assignments (Which people got tutors to do) and now our trials are being estimated so ranks don't change at all. I wish they just made the externals weigh more or something smh. Applying to TAFE next year or something idek.

stressedadfff

HSC
it's really unfair for people who actually put in effort to study and do better in exams
i was really disappointed to know theyve been moved online as well, whereas some of my other classmates who dont study were happy coz they get to cheat and some even use their older siblings who have already done their hsc to complete their assignment for them-
same, although in my school theyve completely scrapped the last task and given estimate marks mainly based on assignments where they handed in their tutors work, like literally copy and paste :(

stressedadfff

HSC
My 2 cents to trials being cancelled :

Fuck this shit, now ranks are so screwed across the school, we've only had 1 exam per subject and 2 assignments (Which people got tutors to do) and now our trials are being estimated so ranks don't change at all. I wish they just made the externals weigh more or something smh. Applying to TAFE next year or something idek.
OMG same but not even one exam per subject just one for math and one for bio like how is this shit fair at all

zizi2003_

HSC
same, although in my school theyve completely scrapped the last task and given estimate marks mainly based on assignments where they handed in their tutors work, like literally copy and paste :(
bro what?????
that is so inequitable for people who perform better in exams tf

stressedadfff

HSC

im certain neither nesa nor the nsw gov want u and students like urself to feel this way and hopefully they come up with strategies to mitigate the adverse effects of cancelling trial exams

u have to remember though that trial exams arent a compulsion and many schools in the state dont actually conduct them
like they would at least do exams for other tasks like this is completely based on how much your tutor lacks integrity

O01x

HSC
OMG same but not even one exam per subject just one for math and one for bio like how is this shit fair at all
Right, it's not at all. If your school rank isn't good that's even more detrimental. I've just accepted I'll spend some time in TAFE next year before moving to univeristy or something and I fully gave up on HSC after i read that verdict that trials are being cancelled and they're giving estimated marks. I'm not giving my external HSC mark to some bozo that just used his tutor.

O01x

HSC

NESA are a bunch of dickheads, I doubt they'll come up with any strategies to minimize the effects of this. They're only good at ruining people's lives.

vishnay

God
HSC
NESA are a bunch of dickheads, I doubt they'll come up with any strategies to minimize the effects of this. They're only good at ruining people's life.
while nesa isnt exactly loved they are an educational institution who do have students' best interests at heart (with the distinct exception of compulsory english)

that being said i doubt they could have foreseen such disruption and online trials seem to be the most effective solution for now

zizi2003_

HSC
i tried arguing it but thats how it is now, my final year has turned to shits wtf
idk why but my school still hasnt announced what theyre gonna do with trials??
whereas other schools have already received their estimates?
the uncertainty just keeps piling lol

vishnay

God
HSC
like they would at least do exams for other tasks like this is completely based on how much your tutor lacks integrity
as individuals we dont have the power to change the process of a school's assessment policy

as a group you might be able to convince ur school to hold online trial exams which would probably be in ur best interest for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)